The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Original post by Chief Wiggum
Ferrer is the one spaniard who doesn't seem afraid to beat Nadal, he's also the highest seed Nadal could have got. So I wouldn't say it's an easy quarter-final for Nadal by any means (assuming they both make it).

I think it is not just Ferrer but Verdasco is also not afraid to beat Nadal or at least push Nadal.
Original post by cab12
I think it is not just Ferrer but Verdasco is also not afraid to beat Nadal or at least push Nadal.

Verdasco just doesn't seem to have the mental strength to beat Nadal. He can give him a very close match, but seems incapable of closing it out.
Reply 782
Original post by Chief Wiggum
Verdasco just doesn't seem to have the mental strength to beat Nadal. He can give him a very close match, but seems incapable of closing it out.

I can see where your coming from because of recent results. I think Verdasco can play Nadal around the court and is one of the only few players who can get Nadal fatigued. But I do tend to agree about him having a lack of mental strength but I think that is what happens to many players when facing someone like Nadal.
Reply 783
Anyone else think that hurricane Irene heading for New York might put the tournament back a bit?
Reply 784
Original post by Jetmouse
Anyone else think that hurricane Irene heading for New York might put the tournament back a bit?

I'm not sure. I haven't seen anything on the internet either.
Reply 785
Apparently the hurricane might cause a 1/2 day delay. Hopefully not and I hope everyone stays safe in NYC.
Reply 786
It's meant to go over New York tomorrow, apparently it has caused a bit of a slowdown to the qualifying, but I imagine 1/2 a day seems sensible for any delay. Aslong as it's not put too far back tomorrow, otherwise I'm gonna need a lot of sugar to stay up watching it
Heather Watson playing an awesome match against Sharapova atm. Not seen her play that often but she moves excellently and serves pretty intelligently.

Sharapova's serve is as flaky as ever though.
what channel US open broadcasts in the uk?
Original post by yashradia
what channel US open broadcasts in the uk?

Sky sports, and failing that Eurosport
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/world-of-sport/article/66035/

Doesn't seem very sporting of Djokovic, but I guess its not illegal yet.
Original post by TheRabbit

Bit dodgy if you ask me... At least he's open about it I guess.
Reply 792
Really proud of Watson, she played brilliantly last night. Sure Sharapova was very up and down but Watson was for the most part very steady, and more importantly she wasn't intimidated and was willing to hit the big shots.

I'm gutted she lost, but she'll improve with age.

Maybe with her and Laura making a splash this year that will take some of the pressure off Murray for once!
Original post by Hood_Man
Really proud of Watson, she played brilliantly last night. Sure Sharapova was very up and down but Watson was for the most part very steady, and more importantly she wasn't intimidated and was willing to hit the big shots.

Maybe with her and Laura making a splash this year that will take some of the pressure off Murray for once!

Yes, its really good to see young British female players coming into wider view. I think Watson has been unlucky this year in the slams but she has definitely got a lot of potential.
Reply 794
Original post by Hood_Man

what channel did you watch on seeing your from the uk?
Reply 795
I was watching a live stream off the internet. Dunno if we're allowed to post links to streaming sites here or not, so if you google Livescorehunter that'll take you to a page full of links :smile:

The Wiicast if you see it is a particularly good stream by the way.
Original post by TheRabbit

He's only used it once or twice.

I can't imagine it having any real impact on his game if he's used it so sparsely, and I think he said as much in an interview.
Rafa seems to have got his big serve back already - just hit on up at 133mph.
Reply 798
Rafa broken lol WTF?!
Original post by Ultimate1
Rafa broken lol WTF?!

He can have his erratic moments

Latest