The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sango
Well Mirka what can I say. Still I look forward to more matches like this in the future :five:

Congratz to your guy Sango! :biggrin:

we will hopefully see more. But it might take a long time for Roger torecover or he might be motivated even more....
Reply 1181
...bugger. Overwhelming joy to crushing devastation in 15 minutes. Worst loss as a fan since Wimbledon 2008.

Murray... do it for Britain.
Novak and Rafa are on different planets to everyone else atm.
Reply 1183
Original post by Ashnard
Feels so **** to be a Federer fan at the moment. Has squandered two-set leads in consecutive tournaments and squandered two match points in consecutive US Opens. Why does he do it to himself? Just serve the game out for **** sake! :angry::angry::angry:

Federer is done.

17-8.

R.I.P. Federer.
Original post by Zhy
Federer is done.

17-8.

R.I.P. Federer.

Your trolling is trying too hard. :p:
Original post by Chief Wiggum
I always thought he'd win one more, but I'm not sure now. :frown:

I'm not even a big Federer fan but I still find it heartbreaking :frown:
Reply 1186
Original post by Zhy
Federer is done.

17-8.

R.I.P. Federer.

You've made a little mistake here, let me fix that for you.

16-10

There you go :smile:
Reply 1187
Original post by Rachael.
I'm not even a big Federer fan but I still find it heartbreaking :frown:

He just needs a bit of luck, he's still going strong enough to get to these positions. He's STILL the only player to reach match points against Djokovic this year*, and managed to convert one of them at the French.

*Murray probably would have the way he was playing in Cincinatti, but Novak retired before he could get there.
Reply 1188
Original post by CB91
Novak and Rafa are on different planets to everyone else atm.

not really, its not like Federer was demolished in straight sets
Original post by Lecture Me
The final is played on monday, Novak has enough time to recover. Besides we don't know how the Nadal/Murray match will pan out, this could be an epic 5-setter for all we know and considering their match is being played after Novaks, exhaustion would be a bigger problem for them.

I highly doubt Nadal could go two sets up against djokovic when he's playing like this, and also he's unbeated against Nadal in all their 5 meetings this year.

I'm not talking about tiredness after one long match; neither of them should be tired going into Monday's final. We're talking about physical and mental fatigue and exhaustion. Novak's had a long year with constant pressure to maintain his run and he's looked a bit undercooked in a number of his recent matches. He was let off the hook by Tipsy and now Fed. Nadal is playing the best tennis he's played since the US open last year and when he's in that sort of form, he's seriously hard to beat. He's peaking just at the right time and he was blistering against Roddick who was barely able to win a point, other than directly off his serve.
Reply 1190
Who else bet on Novak when he was down two sets to love?

Can't be just me, surely? :redface:
Reply 1191
Original post by Hood_Man

16-10

16-10?

To whom? :confused:
Rafa picking up where he left off it seems already.
This match has the potential to be MUCH better than the last match. See the 1st 2 points.
Original post by Hood_Man

16-10

Original post by Zhy
16-10?

To whom? :confused:

Pretty sure he means Federer's 16 slams to Rafa's 10. But that 16 will stay the same. :tongue:
Reply 1196
Original post by Sirocco11
Pretty sure he means Federer's 16 slams to Rafa's 10. But that 16 will stay the same. :tongue:

Oh.

But still.

17-8.

:smile:
Original post by JaggySnake95
This match has the potential to be MUCH better than the last match. See the 1st 2 points.

Come off it, whatever you think of Federer or Djokovic that was an insane match.
Original post by Sirocco11
Come off it, whatever you think of Federer or Djokovic that was an insane match.

Okay, sorry not MUCH better, but better.

The 1st few points have been better.
They certainly look both sharp, just testing each other out.

Latest