The Student Room Group

Football Accumulators - yes/no

Does any1 ever have any luck with them..its so frustrating when one team lets you down..i had 5e on 14 teams last weekend for 2000 euro...man city let me down
is it better to back a small number of teams with a big stake or a number of teams 10+ with smaller stakes..

tell me how ye have been gettin on
Yeah I've given up on this now. I nearly won £700 on the first weekend of last season. All I needed was Liverpool to beat Tottenham and they lost.

But yeah, it's always one team that would **** it up for me every week.
Reply 2
Original post by thedan22
Does any1 ever have any luck with them..its so frustrating when one team lets you down..i had 5e on 14 teams last weekend for 2000 euro...man city let me down
is it better to back a small number of teams with a big stake or a number of teams 10+ with smaller stakes..

tell me how ye have been gettin on

It is hit and miss really, some weeks you get lucky most weeks you don't. I have won £300 a couple of times both on 8 match accumulators and I have won around £100 several times.

What I often do is choose 7 matches which kick off around about the same time and 1 later kick-off so I can hedge my bets if the first 7 come in and guarantee myself some money.

If you don't want to spend much money then you could do what I sometimes do which is to see how much money you can make starting from just £1 in your account at the start of the week. I made £57 from £1 through betting on around 4 matches a day and raising my stake each day.
Reply 3
Original post by tw68
It is hit and miss really, some weeks you get lucky most weeks you don't. I have won £300 a couple of times both on 8 match accumulators and I have won around £100 several times.

What I often do is choose 7 matches which kick off around about the same time and 1 later kick-off so I can hedge my bets if the first 7 come in and guarantee myself some money.

If you don't want to spend much money then you could do what I sometimes do which is to see how much money you can make starting from just £1 in your account at the start of the week. I made £57 from £1 through betting on around 4 matches a day and raising my stake each day.

Ive only ever won once and that was 460e from 5e..it was one of the global football accumulators with ladbrokes...when you think about all the divisions in football across europe.. you would think it would be east to predict 10-20 games an put a fiver on it..it never works out...like REAL MADRID lost last weekend...

any success stories?
Reply 4
Original post by thedan22
Ive only ever won once and that was 460e from 5e..it was one of the global football accumulators with ladbrokes...when you think about all the divisions in football across europe.. you would think it would be east to predict 10-20 games an put a fiver on it..it never works out...like REAL MADRID lost last weekend...

any success stories?

Yea my accumulators always have teams from across Europe and the rest of the world. The football league in England is probably the hardest to predict in my opinion although I will be putting an accumulator on tonight. Both teams to score is often a good bet with Championship matches.

I think it is safer to stick to around 7-8 matches once you get above 10 I find that you get little success.
I do it for a bit of interest, a couple of quid on a few lines. Any return is a bonus, it's just a bit of fun. Although, worst thing you can do is bet on a Friday night game that goes the wrong way...
Reply 6
went with 8 teams 2nite..got 6/8
also went for a larger 20 teams accumulator over 2nite, 2moro nite and the weekend games... the 7 teams 2nite won..just 13 to go...put 1e on it will get me like 5500e .lets hope
Reply 7
any suggestions for 2day?
Reply 8
No - it's fun the first few times, when a quid could potentially return £1300 or some silly amount, until you realise what gambling is all about - the cold indifference of probability, at less than fair prices set by the bookmakers. The bookies laugh all the way to the bank at a punter's 'inklings', 'opinions' and 'luck'
Reply 9
I've had some success doing smaller accumulators during live betting on skybet. Betting on lower league teams that are 2-0 up doesn't usually give bad odds, however as most people do, I tend to get greedy and lose it all before making a profit due to some stupid 95th minute goal or something.

Quick Reply

Latest