The Student Room Group

Career Development Loan

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
trust me go for co-op. sent mine on monday and they are processing and have already done the credit check. (5days)
Seriously, 5 days? So you've been accepted and everything already? How do you know they've done the credit check? Do you bank with Co-Op though, that usually makes things quicker...

It's ridiculous, comparing how quick that's gone to how long this Barclay's thing is taking... My "8 weeks before the course starts" starts on Monday, so I might just go for it. Screw Barclays...
Original post by ice_white_tiger
Ahhh, that sucks :frown: surely you can ring up Barclays and ask? It's not like youre working for the uni throughout your course, and times like these we NEED jobs in the summer... and we can't exactly be picky about what we get, if you'd known about that rule you probably would've avoided the uni job...

So, me phoning Barclays PCDL yesterday:

Me: I'm just ringing to find out the status of application?
Them: Yes, we recieved it on the 3rd, we're processing your application and you should have a response in the next 7-10 working days.
Me: So there's nothing wrong with it, I'll definately get an answer?
Them: Yes, madam, you will have an answer by then.

Today... guess what comes through the post saying that they can't access my application because they can't find the budget planner? So peeved right now it's unbelievable...

They said the exact same thing to me too. They chat a load of ****, I gave the woman a piece of my mind. She asked me what my employer's address was and I had to literally spell it out over the phone. I then asked her why she didn't just get it from the application form, she said it wasn't on there. I know it was on there 100%. I then said, well if it wasn't on there, why didn't you highlight it when you send my documents back last week (I forgot to write my Mother's maiden name). Honestly, Barclays chat a load of crap. Stay away.
Reply 183
I was expecting a load of problems with Barclays after all I've read on here - I was even tempted to apply to Co-op straight away. Instead, within 2 weeks of sending the application I was approved, no problems at all.
Reply 184
dont bank with co-op. bank with Halifax. sent my application on Monday, called them on Friday. Asked what the status of my application. I was told credit check done, just waiting to to hear back from my uni to check my course is under the ypla( that 4 digit number you type in in application)...

i dont know if everything is done and all.. i just know that they have done my credit check within 5days.. and that's a lot quicker than barclays..
Original post by landan
dont bank with co-op. bank with Halifax. sent my application on Monday, called them on Friday. Asked what the status of my application. I was told credit check done, just waiting to to hear back from my uni to check my course is under the ypla( that 4 digit number you type in in application)...

i dont know if everything is done and all.. i just know that they have done my credit check within 5days.. and that's a lot quicker than barclays..

Halifax do a career development loan?
Reply 186
Original post by ceazykiyare
Halifax do a career development loan?

no halifax don't do career development loans. I was just saying halifax is my current bank. I applied for co-op career development loan.
Do they contact your employer? I put mine on the form, but they don't know I'm leaving yet :s-smilie:
Barclay's have sent my application back again and I'm awaiting further documentation to arrive. I have a feeling that I'm going to get it sent back again anyway due to some of the comments here.

Do you think should cut my losses and just apply to co-op?
Hey Lyceum - after the polava I've sent my application back to Barclays - next day delivery. I was seriously thinking about jacking it in and going with Co-Op, but after what's been said on here (particularly the comment about how quick Co-Op was to get credit ratings stuff done, which means they process it pretty damn quick), I decided that - HOPEFULLY - I have the time to give Barclays one more chance. Hopefully.

But I swear to God if they send it back saying I'm forgetting something this time then I'm jacking them in and going with Co-Op.

Mark it here people - was sent by Next Day delivery today, will get to Barclays tomorrow, I'm gonna ring them on Thursday to see how it's going...
Woop got a letter today from Barclays saying my application has been successful (provisionally).

I rang last week and basically gave the customer service advisor a piece of my mind, told her I was fed up of the way Barclays have treated my and how if I had read the reviews of Barclays online before applying, I never would have sent an application in. She said she'll put me on a priority, don't know if that worked. :s

Just glad the stress of waiting is over.
Woop got a letter today from Barclays saying my application has been successful (provisionally).

I rang last week and basically gave the customer service advisor a piece of my mind, told her I was fed up of the way Barclays have treated my and how if I had read the reviews of Barclays online before applying, I never would have sent an application in. She said she'll put me on a priority, don't know if that worked. :s

Just glad the stress of waiting is over.

Your going to get a pack back with three forms.

Two you have to sign and give bank information and send back.

The third is what needs signing by the university, i have sent mine to DMU now to pick up at enrolment.

Once picked up, send it to the bank and then up to 14 days later, you will get your funds.
Original post by Eganhimself
Your going to get a pack back with three forms.

Two you have to sign and give bank information and send back.

The third is what needs signing by the university, i have sent mine to DMU now to pick up at enrolment.

Once picked up, send it to the bank and then up to 14 days later, you will get your funds.

I got the pack today along with the letter saying I have been successful. Ah thanks for the heads up about the university one, I was going to ring Manchester tomorrow to ask them whether I post them the form or bring it to registration and get it filled in then.
I got the pack today along with the letter saying I have been successful. Ah thanks for the heads up about the university one, I was going to ring Manchester tomorrow to ask them whether I post them the form or bring it to registration and get it filled in then.

Well I found out that they can't fill the form out until you have enrolled on the course.

A few days of enrolling, they will fill the form out and then all sorted.
Original post by Eganhimself
Well I found out that they can't fill the form out until you have enrolled on the course.

A few days of enrolling, they will fill the form out and then all sorted.

Are you happy with your repayment amounts etc? What course are you doing?

I can't wait to start, I start on the 15th September, just been looking at the optional modules I need to select, been making a shortlist.
Are you happy with your repayment amounts etc? What course are you doing?

I can't wait to start, I start on the 15th September, just been looking at the optional modules I need to select, been making a shortlist.

Well i am borrowing 8K and my repayments are £169 a month.

I am doing Computer Games Programming at DMU, got a nice part job set up for the start of 2012 so i can earn a bit money on the side and when i finish it could possibly be full time :biggrin:

What are you studying and where?

Quite excited to start, got accepted onto the course at the start of march and been reading for it since already. Feeling pretty ready :biggrin:.
Reply 196
Got rejected from Barclays just over a month ago. Sent an appeal which they lost, so I sent another appeal recorded delivery. They lost that too, just in time for the 1 month appeal window to close. Bugger.
Reply 197
Got my application of provisional acceptance from barclays now! took exactly 10 days. Im doing my masters in leicester!
Original post by landan
Got my application of provisional acceptance from barclays now! took exactly 10 days. Im doing my masters in leicester!

Me too!

You going to de montfort university or Leicester University?
Reply 199
Arrgh, I was hoping to send my application in in July! However, it seems that Natwest can't get their act together to send me my bank statements - the first time I received them they didnt have my address on, the second time I requested they didn't arrive and I'm still waiting and this is the third request!!! I'll never get my application in at this rate :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending