The Student Room Group

My college isn't letting me retake a Biology practical exam :( What to do?

Hi,

I need to retake a Biology A-Level practical exam which is due to be sat in March. My own college won't let me do it because they say my attendance was bad last year. I'm resitting the written exams, but without the practical they will be in vain because I can't gain an A grade without the practical. They're going to ruin my chances of applying for the course I want to...does anyone know any colleges that accept external students? :frown: This is really getting me down
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1
What city do you live in?
Reply 2
I'm pretty sure you can take exams at a 6th form college as an external student. When I was doing my A-levels my school wouldn't let me take some modules in Jan, so I just done them at the local college who were doing the same exam board.
Reply 3
Original post by dollar
Hi,

I need to retake a Biology A-Level practical exam which is due to be sat in March. My own college won't let me do it because they say my attendance was bad last year. I'm resitting the written exams, but without the practical they will be in vain because I can't gain an A grade without the practical. They're going to ruin my chances of applying for the course I want to...does anyone know any colleges that accept external students? :frown: This is really getting me down

hey did you find any college that allows the practical exam? my exam board is OCR and i want to retake chemistry and biology practicals
plz let me know if you any college!
thnx
Reply 4
Apparently, if you contact the exam board they have a list of external centers in your area...
Reply 5
Original post by Flint_09
hey did you find any college that allows the practical exam? my exam board is OCR and i want to retake chemistry and biology practicals
plz let me know if you any college!
thnx

Pascals collegue in Kent (within M25)
it will cost you about £150 I think

they end their end very soon.

this this helps!
Reply 6
Original post by dollar
Hi,

http://www.pascalscollege.co.uk/

hope this is useful!!
:smile:
So you didn't go to any classes, you needed to resit both the written and practical part of the exams... and it's the SCHOOL that's ruining your chances of applying for the course you want?
Reply 8
Original post by thisismycatch22
So you didn't go to any classes, you needed to resit both the written and practical part of the exams... and it's the SCHOOL that's ruining your chances of applying for the course you want?

Good point I guess.:rolleyes:
But we dunno why the OP missed so much school ?:confused:
Maybe you should have thought about that when you were skipping lessons last year. :rolleyes:
Reply 10
Original post by pHneutral
Pascals collegue in Kent (within M25)
it will cost you about £150 I think

they end their end very soon.

this this helps!

Cheers m8!!!!!
Reply 11
Original post by Flint_09
Cheers m8!!!!!

cool!
ps: their staff is really moody, dont get put off!:cool: