The Student Room Group

Northumbria Uni Mental Health Nursing

I had an interview for this two weeks ago and I received an email saying I am being considered for a place and have been entered into a "Selection Event". There are no details of what this involves other than from what I can surmise, that they are going to look at my application again. There are no details of what this involves or what I need to do other than provide a second reference, which is no problem.

I was just wondering if anyone had any experience on what happens next, in particular with Northumbria and MHN, because they don't seem to be doing things normally or through UCAS, its all personal e-mails and post. What does the selection event involve, and is my application out of my hands now?

thanks
Hi

Yes, I had same email. I spoke to admissions and they stated that as it is a nursing policy they couldnt explain what its used for coz Ive never heard of anything like this before.
They did tell me what its about though and that the points from the ucas app, the written test, group & individual interview will be added up to the points from the reference (I think...) and then selection panel will make a decision based on who has highest points (Er, I think, dont quote me though).
Sorry I cant shed more light on it. Im pretty much in the dark myself as I thought the interviews were the final part.
Try ringing them yourself to clarify. They were really friendly and helpful so I wouldnt worry about "bothering" them.
Anyway, Im hoping its just a formality. Just Don't go booking your room in Halls yet, just in case!

The Dude Abides
Reply 2
Hi there

I received an offer for mental health nursing diploma yesterday for march 2012 intake. Anyone else????:smile::smile:
Reply 3
Original post by bearhead55
Hi there

I received an offer for mental health nursing diploma yesterday for march 2012 intake. Anyone else????:smile::smile:

See you there haha. When was your interview?

Do you know how to accept it? Ucas is really unclear about it
Reply 4
My interview was two weeks ago on the friday. To accept the offer you go to choices and then click on rely to offers if you are accepting northumbria as your first choice you select firm. Hope that helps. When were you interviewed???:colondollar:
Reply 5
Original post by bearhead55
My interview was two weeks ago on the friday. To accept the offer you go to choices and then click on rely to offers if you are accepting northumbria as your first choice you select firm. Hope that helps. When were you interviewed???:colondollar:

I was interviewed on the 4th :smile:

I still can't figure it out :s-smilie: are you waiting for any replies from other universities? I'm still waiting on Teesside so I'm not sure if I can reply yet. So confused. I'm gonna call admissions tomorrow

Quick Reply

Latest