The Student Room Group

Learning German language: The German Learners' Society (MKII)

Scroll to see replies

Hallo :smile: I have a speaking exam(A2 German) in March and wanted to build up a 'bank' of useful phrases now.I'm covering topics like Pressefreiheit(Medien,Werbung etc..) die Umwelt(atomkraft,alternative Energie,recycling etc...)

Would anyone here be able to give me some helpful 'go to' phrases to use,I tend to get rather flustered in speaking exams and lose my thread. Also,for written and oral,any useful constructions and basic ones I should keep in mind.I'm having to refresh my memory of such things,I learned them so long ago,they seem to have slipped my mind!
Original post by OddThings
Hallo :smile: I have a speaking exam(A2 German) in March and wanted to build up a 'bank' of useful phrases now.I'm covering topics like Pressefreiheit(Medien,Werbung etc..) die Umwelt(atomkraft,alternative Energie,recycling etc...)

Would anyone here be able to give me some helpful 'go to' phrases to use,I tend to get rather flustered in speaking exams and lose my thread. Also,for written and oral,any useful constructions and basic ones I should keep in mind.I'm having to refresh my memory of such things,I learned them so long ago,they seem to have slipped my mind!

I found some flash cards on the environment... they aren't amazing amazing but you can live

http://quizlet.com/657379/german-environment-vocabulary-flash-cards/

Also read articles about the environment

This is the weather but it sorta links well

http://wetter.tagesschau.de/wetterthema/index.php?id=996

Other than that the better german speakers will hopefully aid you as well
Reply 2022
Frohe Weihnachten! :biggrin:
Frohe Weihnachten!
Frohe Weinachten!
Frohe Weihnachten!
ich wünsche euch für diesen Weihnachtstag, das Beste, was es nur geben mag, d.H.
Gesundheit, Glück und ein stressfreies Jahr! Schena Dog und guad’n Rutsch ins neue Jahr!

“Ein Papa resümiert: "Ich weiß jetzt, warum Weihnachten in meiner Kindheit so schön war. Ich mußte die Geschenke nicht bezahlen!"”
Frohe Weihnachten! :wink:
Original post by jakemittle
“Ein Papa resümiert: "Ich weiß jetzt, warum Weihnachten in meiner Kindheit so schön war. Ich mußte die Geschenke nicht bezahlen!"”
Frohe Weihnachten! :wink:

Ich hab bis zum 22. Dezember gewartet, bevor ich meine Weihnachtsgeschenke kaufte :sigh:

Grund? Angst vor den Kosten..
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by rockrunride
Ich hab bis zum 22. Dezember gewarten, bevor ich meine Weihnachtsgeschenke kaufte :sigh:

Grund? Angst vor den Kosten..

Ja...ist zwar auch 'ne schreckliche Zeit, wenn man eine Freundin sowie eine große Familie hat!..aber die Kreditkartenunternehmen werden ja sehr zufrieden sein!
Hallo!
Original post by GreenLantern1
Hallo!

Auch Hallo! :biggrin:
What's the difference between "Es tut mir leid" and "entschuldigung"?
Original post by chickenonsteroids
What's the difference between "Es tut mir leid" and "entschuldigung"?

the same as 'I am sorry' and 'Pardon!' ?

I say 'Entschuldigung' e.g. when I accidentally bump into someone I do not know
'Entschuldigung' is more impersonal than 'I'm sorry'
Original post by grizzlybär
the same as 'I am sorry' and 'Pardon!' ?

I say 'Entschuldigung' e.g. when I accidentally bump into someone I do not know
'Entschuldigung' is more impersonal than 'I'm sorry'

Yes I'd say so.
Can anyone tell me how to pronounce the verb form "kam"? In my grammar book it had (karm) written in brackets, which I assumed to be phonetics, but some of my friends said it was pronounced "cam" (rhyming with "am"). Which is right?
Original post by najabri
Can anyone tell me how to pronounce the verb form "kam"? In my grammar book it had (karm) written in brackets, which I assumed to be phonetics, but some of my friends said it was pronounced "cam" (rhyming with "am"). Which is right?

can you stick it in a sentense?
Original post by .snowflake.
can you stick it in a sentense?

"Gegen halb zwei kam er nach Hause."
Original post by najabri
"Gegen halb zwei kam er nach Hause."

I'd personally agree with your friend as it being kam like am, as opposed to karm.
Reply 2038
Original post by najabri

Your book is (roughly) right :smile: It's 100% a long "a". "Kamm" (comb), on the other hand, does have a short "a" (the "am" sound). :biggrin:
Original post by najabri

it sounds like 'calm'

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending