The Student Room Group

"My Dinner doesn't look anything LIKE that!" Thread - Ad Pics vs Reality!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Apparently, the perfect Fried Egg is similar in appearance to this bad boy:

But mine always turn out like this:

That said, however, they always taste delicious and have a dippy yolk, so I have no qualms, but it does look a little like someone already ate it...
Reply 581
Original post by TotoMimo
That said, however, they always taste delicious and have a dippy yolk, so I have no qualms, but it does look a little like someone already ate it...

That looks amazing!

I love this thread so much I had to blog about it :biggrin: haha.

Don't think anyone reads it yet but hopefully I'll look back in a few months and remember the T-rex burger and it'll be totally worth writing about :smile:

Thanks for entertaining me anyways :biggrin:

http://kerrybellsblog.wordpress.com/2011/05/13/things-that-ha…ed-me-recently

:smile:
Original post by Kedix

Original post by Kedix
That looks amazing!

I love this thread so much I had to blog about it :biggrin: haha.

Don't think anyone reads it yet but hopefully I'll look back in a few months and remember the T-rex burger and it'll be totally worth writing about :smile:

Thanks for entertaining me anyways :biggrin:

http://kerrybellsblog.wordpress.com/2011/05/13/things-that-ha…ed-me-recently

:smile:

It's not working for me :frown:: says page cannot be found- I love reading blogs! :p:
Reply 583
Original post by Teao the Cat
It's not working for me :frown:: says page cannot be found- I love reading blogs! :p:

Hmmm, try this one:smile:

http://kerrybellsblog.wordpress.com/
i love this thread. if i ate ready meals, i'd contribute.

im going to to uni later this year, *fingers crossed*, so you never know, you may see me on this thread soon...
My attempt - today's lunch:

Becomes:

Spoiler

In fairness, I could only microwave it and it tastes alright. Just looks a bit grim :colondollar:
Reply 586
That Mariner's pie in real life is a sad, sad anaemic sight to behold...

Anyway, I had to laugh when I saw THIS online:

It's an American Oscar Meyer Ready-to-Eat Pick-up-and-Go packed lunch, with a "Ham and Swiss Cheese sandwich, Jell-o Temptations dessert, and Ritz Snack mix all for less than 390 kcal."

Sounds like a done deal, especially when you look at the picture there. God almighty, that ham and swiss sandwich looks freaking tasty; I'm sure you'd agree with that one. Mm-mmm.

But in reality, what the HELL? Did someone stamp on it? Did they forget to put ANY ingredients on the sandwich? It looks so limp and unimpressive, so paltry and lame, that 390 calories, even WITH a snack mix and dessert, seems like a slap in the face. What the hell, this isn't a sandwich, this is a TASTEBUD INSULT.
i will never in my life eat a ready meal. I have had the odd morrisons vegetable pie but thats about it. hardly a meal though more like an added item to other items but never would i have OR TRUST a whole ready made meal from any supermarket sorry just no what is wrong with people in this country? llol
Reply 588
good thread. i love shows that talk about food couple on bbc3 etc food is my love but mum always cooks home made food i feel sorry for kids that have had to grow up eating ready made disgusting meals.
Reply 590
I'm rather addicted to this thread, even though I would actually eat most of the things pictured (not all though). If Dave Lamb ever dies, then you should take over Come Dine With Me's voiceovers Totomimo!
:bump:
dont let this thread die :please:
Walkers crisps. Advert = Fair portion. Reality = Four crisps per bag.
Original post by MelissaJayne
Walkers crisps. Advert = Fair portion. Reality = Four crisps per bag.

you got four? i dont even get that! :woo:
Original post by jendra9311
you got four? i dont even get that! :woo:

Did I mention it was one of the "Big Eat" packs? :tongue:
Reply 595
Relayed from one of my mate's blogs - he got a Pizza Hut meat lover's pizza:

but he said his actual pizza came and had hardly any meat, the ham was burnt to a crisp, and he said the centre of the base was practically still uncooked dough:

I mean, it doesn't even look like the same variety of pizza!
That's hideous! It looks like it's come out of a bin :s-smilie:
Original post by TotoMimo
Relayed from one of my mate's blogs - he got a Pizza Hut meat lover's pizza:

but he said his actual pizza came and had hardly any meat, the ham was burnt to a crisp, and he said the centre of the base was practically still uncooked dough:

I mean, it doesn't even look like the same variety of pizza!

Lol. Just lol.

That's so dreadful I wouldn't have accepted it. The pizza must be cheesy, meaty & melty.
:coma:
Just had a tuna pasta bake of lunch today...

Here's what it the box said it looked like:

and here's what it ended up looking like when I got it out of the tray:

Spoiler

Not quite as appetising I'm afraid, but still tasted good. It's the fault of the food they put on the boxes though in cases like this. That food might be the same as what you eat, but the food in the picture was never stored and cooked in a little plastic try, but instead would have been build on the plate. Remove all chance of the mess happening which you do end up with.
Reply 599
This thread is making me sooo hungry!

Quick Reply

Latest