The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

University of Liverpool Accommodation Thread

Scroll to see replies

Really swaying towards the 3/4 deluxe at Crown place, just worried about the social life?? i really want to make the most of freshers and hope to go out a lot
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Original post by MrFantastisch
Hi, does anyone have any experience of applying to private accommodaion as an undergrad 1st year? The student villages are catered (I want to go self-catered) and the only uni- owned self catered is expensive.
When should I apply if I want accommodation from september/what should I look out for? I have been sent the link to Liverpool Student Homes by the uni already.

I'm staying at North Western Halls, and I'm a 3rd University of Liverpool student. Sanctuary Students have often been synonymous with John Moores, but I have just chose here due to it's location appropriateness and how cheap it is. It's also self-catered if you're wondering about that. Sure, you may not meet as many people on your course as you would in Carnatic, but I'm finding it a cheap and relaxing place to live in. So far, I've been in a University-based student village, a shared student home, and I'm now living private halls. If you'd like to know anything, just shoot me a PM.

Oh, and for anyone looking for a 'great social life', Carnatic is undoubtedly the best from what I've experienced. Just take my word on it.
Difference between Carnatic and Greenbank? Such as : Food, Social life, Facilities, Room sizes etc?

Thanks!!! :smile:
If I know Liverpool will definitely be either my firm or insurance can I go ahead and apply for accommodation now I have an offer or do I need to wait until I've officially accepted the offer on UCAS as I still have universities to hear from?
Hi guys,
What is the best accommodation for someone who wants self catered, a lively atmosphere and their own bathroom facilities?x
Many thanks
Original post by Bellaperry
Im coming to Liverpool in September and am really stuck choosing accommodation.
This is my dilema....

Pros of Self catered:
cook own food
ensuite
nicer rooms
near everything (gym/ nightlife/ lectures)
Cons:
Not where most freshers will be
not near sports grounds
concerns of being on a floor with dissimilar people to myself.

Pros of student village:
Way more sociable.
don't have to cook or budget
near sports grounds
cons:
set meal times... might be a waste
no ensuite
not near lectures/ gym/ nightlife

if anyone can help me make my mind up i'd appreciate it!

I was stuck on this for months!!! Didn't know either to brave the student village for a chance of a better social life or go onto campus for really good quality accommodation for a good price!

I chose Melville grove because it was the cheapest accommodation, fully refurbished for this year, short walk to campus and self catered! All I'm worried about with Melville is because no ones properly lived in the accommodation since 2013, no one knows how to social vibe will be there? But I'm hoping it'll be really good!! I would definitely recommend people having a look, it's amazing rooms for a really good price
Where would be the best place for a biological sciences student next year?
This can be on campus or private accommodation
Hi!

Glad you liked Liverpool Uni! Me and my friends are actually looking for a girl flatmate in private halls. It's 2 minutes from the university, so just a short walk into town and the shops. All ensuite self catered. We are five girls studying Medicine, Bio-med, French and Architecture. We have a dining area, lounge and kitchen and it's all really modern and sociable. It's a really popular accommodation and there are only 7 spaces left in the whole accommodation.

We don't blame you for not wanting to move into Carnatic or Greenbank, we've experienced it and it's not for everyone. We'll be going into our second years but we're friendly girls and we'd love to help you settle into uni and we do love to go out too!

If anyone is interested it's £120 a week and if you type in Europa Liverpool you'll see what it looks like :smile:

Thank youuuu xxx
I put Vine Court over Crown :frown:

Why????

Is there any way I can change it now?
Hi everyone!

I'm looking for a flatmate for our flat of five girls (18-21y/o) in Europa Student Accomodation open to UoL and LJMU students, 10 min walk to town and concert square (clubs), 5 min walk to UoL campus.
Locatednext to the Royal Hospital, Lidl, Tescoes, Dominoes, and near several other shops and restaurants. 24x7 security, onsite maintenance and washing facilities.
Double bed, ensuite with a large study desk and storage. Shared kitchen, dining and lounge area with a flatscreen TV and free wifi. All bills (inc gas, lighting, heating and electricty) are included in the price for£123a week. (Cheaper than uol Student halls [no transport costs as you're so close to everything]
Accomodation is full of students across liverpool and includes social spaces and social events and car parking.
Message or comment if interested !!!!!!!!

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know what the move-in date for residence is i.e. when do we have to be in the residence by?
I've been offered a Single Bed in Rankin Hall on Carnatic Campus and I don't know if I can still get a place at Melville Grove or Crown Place if I decline.
Anyone staying at Philharmonic Court?
Difference between Carnatic and Greenbank? Such as : Food, Social life, Facilities, Room sizes etc? I'll be really grateful if you could let me know :smile:

I'm applying for 2017 entry, do you know when I should have my accommodation application sent off?
Has anyone got their room allocation for Carnatic yet? Got a confirmed place for Morton House ages ago and just wondering when the room allocations / arrival slots should be given out :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dawood22
So I applied for crown place double, single and vine court single ( all ensuite) but I've been given a double ensuite at Philharmonic court which is a lot more expensive than both of these... It's supposed to be good and modern because its only just opening this year but is it going to be worth £150 per week?? And is it possible for me to still get into Crown place or Vine court??

I've been given the same. I phone up and found out that the only available self-catered accommodation left is off campus or in studios/private accommodation. Philharmonic court is modern and on campus, the pictures look decent and I can't find any poor reviews.
Hello,

I have 2 rooms available to rent at a house in Wavertree, Liverpool. These rooms can be rented ASAP or from the start of next semester (January).
The house is 5 bedroom, mixed sex and the other 3 tenants already live here.

Details:
Two bathrooms, two fridges, 1 freezer, dishwasher, washing machine, tumble drier, dining room table, TV with freeview, double bedrooms, backgarden with BBQ and benches .

Rent is £69 per week with all bills included (heating, water, electricity, internet). The landlord is great and housemates are a brilliant laugh and very friendly, 2 of us are looking to move out because we want to commute from home to save money because our university contact hours are so low.

Post code L158HY, 15-20 minute cycle or 10-15 mins bus ride (buses every 5 minutes). Nice area with plenty of local pubs, bars and cafes. Very close to Tesco express and Coop, walking distance to Asda and Aldi (Smithdown).

You can be from any university or don't even need to be a student!
Message me for further information if you are interested or let your friends know, thanks!
(edited 7 years ago)
Thinking about which halls to apply for. Which would people most recommend for a full on course like medicine? I was thinking Vine Court but have heard it's not very lively :frown: any help appreciated!
I think I want to firm Liverpool and was looking into the accommodation.

Would you say it's better to be away from campus (in the student villages) to be more social and I'm worried the on campus accommodation will be very quiet and I won't get to meet many people.
Preferably I want an ensuite room (self catered or catered not really bothered)

The places I have looked at are:
Crown Place
Philharmonic Court

Carnatic:
-any? Not sure which Ines are best or anything

Greenbank:
-derby and rathbone (heard this is new for 2017 but unsure whether it's self catered or catered or even ensuite)
-roscoe and Gladstone
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1999
Alright lads, just got my offer for a room at crown place which was my 1st choice due to the convience of being on-campus and the modern/clean look about the place. I know how popular it is, but Im having some major doubts about accepting my offer.

So I've done some research, and heard loads of crap about the RA's, strictly enforced rules and a general antisocial atmosphere from the managment and type of people who tend to live there. This bothers me as a big part of what I wanna get out of uni, especially year 1, is some sound mates/nights out etc. Is it as bad as some reviews and comments make out?

Ive been considering reapplying for maybe Melville Grove or similar, would I be stupid giving up my spot for that? (I only live 30 mins away from lime street via train, so *could* live at home if worst came to worst)

...also for the love of god, someone write something I can show my mum so she'll stop thinking Ill get shanked on every ****ing corner 🙄

Cheers :*

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending