The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

University of Liverpool Accommodation Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lyds18
Hello ! I've got an offer from liverpool uni but I don't know what accommodation to pick, what's the best accommodation for Liverpool uni out of the choices?

Hopefully the thread I made here will be of some help to you: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6902824 - let me know if you have any questions :smile:
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Original post by lyds18
Hello ! I've got an offer from liverpool uni but I don't know what accommodation to pick, what's the best accommodation for Liverpool uni out of the choices?

most undergrads go to greenbank! it’s also the newest and it has a gym, it’s own study area and greenery around. plus when u move out to 2nd year youll live there since all students move to that area! it’s sooo good! it’s the one i have booked ahaha i’m so excited
Original post by Anonymous
most undergrads go to greenbank! it’s also the newest and it has a gym, it’s own study area and greenery around. plus when u move out to 2nd year youll live there since all students move to that area! it’s sooo good! it’s the one i have booked ahaha i’m so excited

About 25-33% of students go to Greenbank, by the way, so it's a significant number, but not the most.
Original post by University of Liverpool Student Rep
hi there mcxllinson,

Glad to hear you have chosen the University of Liverpool to study at, which halls have your put down as your choices? I hope you do get them!

In the meantime do you have any questions about the Universities accommodation or any other aspect of student life in Liverpool? I have been a student in the city for a while now so I have good experiences of all aspects of student life! :smile:

Malachy - University of Liverpool Student Rep

hello,

I have put down crown place and vine court.
Original post by mcxllinson
hello,

Fingers crossed - Crown Place was massively oversubscribed last year, as it is in every year, but if you applied early, you should have a good chance.
Original post by mcxllinson
hello,

Hi there, Great choices & my fingers crossed for you! Hope to see you on campus in the near future:smile:

Ana:h: - University of Liverpool Rep.
I just wanted to pop on and say if people are worried about accommodation being sociable or not that really depends on who you end up with, not the halls your in! There’s not really a most social halls it’s all about who’s in your flat. I know someone who was in crown and hated it when most people seem to love it, in the same way I know someone who was in Philharmonic court and said it was fab and she loved her flat and said it was so social when lots of people say it’s not! I think larger flats are generally abit more social, but at other unis a lot of flats are 4,5 or 6 which is quite small compared to some of Liverpool halls but actually it’s pretty common for students to be in flats that are abit smaller! My brother was in a flat of 9 at uni and he said he didn’t like it too much as it broke off into smaller groups, in a way that a flat or 4 or 5 can’t really! There’s pros and cons to every accommodation so honestly just look at what you want price wise / location wise! I love the look of greenbank, but I’ve grown up in the country and would love the experience of being right in the middle of a city centre for a year so I’ve applied for on campus accommodation. It’s all so dependant on who you end up with so try not to worry too much about which is the most sociable and don’t worry if you don’t get an accommodation you wanted because all of the uni accommodation at Liverpool is fairly new and fab and it’s as social as you make it really! You could be in the most sociable halls ever but if you don’t put yourself out there you won’t meet people! I hope this might have helped some people who were worried about flat sizes / social life x
I just wanted to pop on and say if people are worried about accommodation being sociable or not that really depends on who you end up with, not the halls your in! There’s not really a most social halls it’s all about who’s in your flat. I know someone who was in crown and hated it when most people seem to love it, in the same way I know someone who was in Philharmonic court and said it was fab and she loved her flat and said it was so social when lots of people say it’s not! I think larger flats are generally abit more social, but at other unis a lot of flats are 4,5 or 6 which is quite small compared to some of Liverpool halls but actually it’s pretty common for students to be in flats that are abit smaller! My brother was in a flat of 9 at uni and he said he didn’t like it too much as it broke off into smaller groups, in a way that a flat or 4 or 5 can’t really! There’s pros and cons to every accommodation so honestly just look at what you want price wise / location wise! I love the look of greenbank, but I’ve grown up in the country and would love the experience of being right in the middle of a city centre for a year so I’ve applied for on campus accommodation. It’s all so dependant on who you end up with so try not to worry too much about which is the most sociable and don’t worry if you don’t get an accommodation you wanted because all of the uni accommodation at Liverpool is fairly new and fab and it’s as social as you make it really! You could be in the most sociable halls ever but if you don’t put yourself out there you won’t meet people! I hope this might have helped some people who were worried about flat sizes / social life x

Hi there!

Just a quick post to second what Anon has said here. We get lots of questions and queries about which is the most sociable hall, but as has been said here it really depends on which flat you end up in, and what also what you make of the experience. Lots of University is about the opportunities that you choose to take - if you feel your flat is not so sociable there are many other opportunities to meet people e.g. joining sports teams, societies, on your course and much more!!

Hi, I've just applied for the university of liverpool and so aim to start in 2021. i am going to study psychology so what accommodation would you recommend that is convenient to there. i want to be in a sociable hall and was also wondering if most people are catered or self-catered and what you would recommend?

thanks
Original post by beatrice vane
Hi, I've just applied for the university of liverpool and so aim to start in 2021. i am going to study psychology so what accommodation would you recommend that is convenient to there. i want to be in a sociable hall and was also wondering if most people are catered or self-catered and what you would recommend?

thanks

Most people are self-catered as there's only one hall that's half-catered.

As for which accommodation is the most social, it all depends on who you get in your flat. However, Melville's accommodation is set up like houses so it's pretty social naturally.
Original post by beatrice vane

thanks

Hi there!

Glad to hear that you are hoping to study at the University of Liverpool :smile:. There is several halls, most of which are on-campus - the off-campus hall is self-catered and is called Greenbank, its around a 20 minute bus ride into the University and is located in a great part of Liverpool in its own private green space. On campus there is a catered option (called Vine Court), along with the self-catered halls: Crown Place, Melville Grove and Philamonic Court. They are all pretty sociable and there isn't particularly one more sociable hall than another. There is lots of information as well as virtual tours here: https://www.liverpool.ac.uk/accommodation/

Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with :smile:

I've had an offer from UO Liverpool for physiotherapy, still have 2 more interviews to go before I make my 1st and 2nd choice decision. Two questions:

How soon can you apply for accommodation
Can you apply for accommodation before making 1st or 2nd choice
Original post by Wattsie
I've had an offer from UO Liverpool for physiotherapy, still have 2 more interviews to go before I make my 1st and 2nd choice decision. Two questions:

How soon can you apply for accommodation
Can you apply for accommodation before making 1st or 2nd choice

Hi there!

Well done on your offer! For accommodation, all the details you need to know (and more!) are here: https://www.liverpool.ac.uk/accommodation/applying/

But to address your questions, the application process will open in the new year, but there is no date for this yet, so keep an eye on your emails for when they do announce the date. You don't need to have selected Liverpool as 1st or 2nd choice to apply, and the earlier you apply the better as it is first come first serve.

Let me know if you have any more questions :smile:

I've got an offer when do I get a pin for liverpool life? I applied last year and got an offer so would it be the same pin?
I've got an offer when do I get a pin for liverpool life? I applied last year and got an offer so would it be the same pin?

Hi there!

If you applied last year then I believe you will be using the same pin and account for Liverpool Life. If you need to set up a new account then they will let you know via email with the information of the offer letter. If you are still having issues I would recommend emailing [email protected] and they will assist you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending