The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

University of Liverpool Accommodation Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Original post by hello123450
fml. i still have not applied for accom...
i have firmed a conditional offer but im 100% stuck on which accom to apply for... im leaning towards D&R right now. also, this sounds stupid and petty, but the travel between campus and accom is putting me off even going to Liverpool considering i have a 9-5 course pretty much everyday... urrrrrrrgh D:

edit: also, apparently my course is 45ish weeks and the only halls that have a longer contract are on campus ones, is anyone else in this situation?

Have a look at the private halls (Unite and Liberty), they offer longer contracts.
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Reply 581
1) Dale Hall (Catered)
2) D&R (Catered Ensuite)
3) Salisbury Hall (Catered)
Reply 582
1. D&R self-catered ensuite
2. D&R self-catered
3. Prospect Point self-catered ensuite

I'm a conditional and this would be my first year of uni. I am so picky when it comes to food I probably wouldn't want to go to Liverpool if they said i had to have catered accommodation. My momma didn't teach me how to cook for nothing :smile::tongue:
Original post by maVie
1. D&R self-catered ensuite
2. D&R self-catered
3. Prospect Point self-catered ensuite

I'm a conditional and this would be my first year of uni. I am so picky when it comes to food I probably wouldn't want to go to Liverpool if they said i had to have catered accommodation. My momma didn't teach me how to cook for nothing :smile::tongue:

These are probably going to be my chioces too. I'm too picky with food so don't really wanna go catered :smile:
surely vine court has potential to be a very social on campus option with 710 rooms and catering option?
Original post by gloriousballs
surely vine court has potential to be a very social on campus option with 710 rooms and catering option?

Too expensive for first year undergrads. Would have preferred vine court but most people would be put off by the price, so it will probably be less sociable.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 586
I applied for Vine Court self catered, Vine Court catered and D & R (I think)
Worried about Vine Court though because it looks so nice but worried there won't be many people in first year there. Anyone else applied for it?
I did originally but after talking to people at the uni i changed to off campus as this seems like a safer bet!
Reply 588
Wondering where to go, what accomodation is the most social? and is any1 else doing engineering first year?
Reply 589
Original post by stunnaman
Wondering where to go, what accomodation is the most social?

I'd say Carnatic or Greenbank are the most social, as there are more social areas. However, all halls are sociable.
I drove past Vine Court yesterday, it's huge. Absolutely huge!
Reply 591
hi!

I've decided to put Liverpool down as my insurance choice for university next year and still haven't decided on which accomodation to choose!

Basically i was just wondering what the best choices would be for what i want. I'm looking to go self catered with an en suite and I'm hoping to go somewhere quite sociable!

Any help would be appreciated :smile:
To be honest there isn't much use worrying about it because the Uni asks you where you want to live and then just offers you anything that's available. Around 85% of people I know applied for on campus self catered accomodation and about %3 got what they asked for and the rest either accepted catered off campus or went private. They offer you what is left. The only way you're likely to get what you want is if you already have your a-levels when you apply so they give you your place straight away. If your stuck between deciding on which halls to pick, im a current first year living in carnatic. I live in Salisbury, its okay, its by far not the worst.
oh and as for the social life, yeah of course its good (although it does just depend on sheer luck on a combination of people you get placed with) In fact its the only thing that makes me not reget coming to these creepy halls.
Original post by sconter
mcnair's my 1st choice, is it gooood?

It's pretty much the best :P
We've got kitchens (bigger than most halls) and laundry (drinking) rooms, new showers and toilets that are still in great condition, the bus stop/cash machine/ shop are practically next to the front door, we're closest to the canteen, got mailboxes for each room.

The closest to this is Salisbury which has the same floor plan but doesn't have the new showers etc.
Reply 594
hi!

would anyone be able to recommend accommodation to me?

I want to hopefully be self catered, en suite and I'm looking to go somewhere quite sociable!

thank you :smile:
Reply 595
Original post by Gobble11
hi!

I want to hopefully be self catered, en suite and I'm looking to go somewhere quite sociable!

lol. if you want uni halls, that doesnt exist (and what does will already have gone)
Reply 596
Original post by sconter
lol. if you want uni halls, that doesnt exist (and what does will already have gone)

I'm flexible with en suite. It's more the self catering part and sociable location that's important to me.
Isn't there anywhere like that?
Reply 597
I'm flexible with en suite. It's more the self catering part and sociable location that's important to me.
Isn't there anywhere like that?

90+% are catered the ones that arent will have gone.

put your first choice as greenbank self-catered. u probably wont get it though.
Reply 598
hi!

Hey maybe vine court? It's new and ensuite, and it's got bars etc as well. self catered rooms are £120. What are you going to study? :smile:
Reply 599
anyone know when those with unconditional offers will hear back? x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending