The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

University of Liverpool Accommodation Thread

Scroll to see replies

I've firmed Liverpool, didn't get to look at the accommodation because I've only just decided not to stay at home :woo: (I live in Birkenhead), I want self-catered, but from what I've heard I really want to stay in Greenbank (preferably D+R), shared bathroom... Just need to decide whether to put second choice as D+R catered, or Dale self-catered :s-smilie:
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Original post by NathanStanworth
I'm thinking of going to Liverpool uni in September 2013, and I've narrowed it down to opal court, liberty park and prospect point. Does anybody have any advice or tips as to which accommodation to choose? Like will it be full of postgraduates or weirdos who don't want to go out?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I live in liberty park. It's full of chinese who spend all day studying. However likelyhood is that you'll have domestic students in your accom, it's boring as ****. Can't party and they have stupid rules. Great if you have good mates there but the actual accomodation isn't accomodating for partying though.
Original post by NathanStanworth
I'm thinking of going to Liverpool uni in September 2013, and I've narrowed it down to opal court, liberty park and prospect point. Does anybody have any advice or tips as to which accommodation to choose? Like will it be full of postgraduates or weirdos who don't want to go out?

Posted from TSR Mobile

There the three I'm applying for with liberty prospect point being my first choice, I have the same issue as you, I want to enjoy being at uni, not stuck in all the time haa
university of liverpool have no emailed me yet about picking halls omg :frown: i havent choose my CF or CI yet, do they only contact you about halls once you have made it your first/second choice?? but yes im the same i want to go somewhere with all undergratuates and just get the university experience? im going to an open day next week so havent seen the halls yet
Reply 984
Original post by joe-baldwin
I've firmed Liverpool, didn't get to look at the accommodation because I've only just decided not to stay at home :woo: (I live in Birkenhead), I want self-catered, but from what I've heard I really want to stay in Greenbank (preferably D+R), shared bathroom... Just need to decide whether to put second choice as D+R catered, or Dale self-catered :s-smilie:

Birkenhead is 20mins away from liverpool
Reply 985
Original post by Charlotte_2
university of liverpool have no emailed me yet about picking halls omg :frown: i havent choose my CF or CI yet, do they only contact you about halls once you have made it your first/second choice?? but yes im the same i want to go somewhere with all undergratuates and just get the university experience? im going to an open day next week so havent seen the halls yet

You have to pick your CF/UF and CI/UI before they'll send you an e-mail about accommodation!

They don't let you apply for accommodation unless there is a pretty good chance that you'll end up at their Uni.
Can't apply...it's telling me invalid user id or pin, this is stupid! they already ****ed up once this morning, now this
I just applied!

1st choice: Vine Court self-catered
2nd choice: Vine Court catered
3rd choice: Derby & Rathbone self-catered

:biggrin:
Reply 988
Just applied for my accommodation for September first choice Dale Hall, second choice Morton House, third choice Rankin Hall, all at Carnatic and all catered :smile:
Reply 989
im unsure on catered if i put it down, cna i change my mind afterwards?
Reply 990
Original post by GeorgiaRose
I just applied!

woah that was a risk. Only 200 people get vine court.
Original post by maik13

woah that was a risk. Only 200 people get vine court.

the website says 750 catered and self catered rooms?
I am applying for accommodation and when I put Greenbank Derby&Rathbone, in the room type there is no option en-suite, only catered or self-catered.
Can I apply for Greenbank with an en-suite room?
Original post by maik13
only 200 are for freshers

Ah i see, oh well. If I'm lucky I'll be put there and if I don't then I'll have to make deal with what I get. A bunch of the halls only have 200 or so rooms
(edited 11 years ago)
I am applying for accommodation and when I put Greenbank Derby&Rathbone, in the room type there is no option en-suite, only catered or self-catered.

Can I apply for Greenbank with an en-suite room?
Reply 995
Applied:
1st Preference: Campus, Vine Court, Catered En-suite
2nd Preference: Greenbank, Roscoe and Gladstone, Catered
3rd Preference: Greenbank, Derby and Rathbone, Catered
Hope I get into Vine Court!!!!
Reply 996
Original post by maik13
do you know how they decide who gets what accommodation, as i imagine alot of people will be disappointed with vine court?

really got no idea! they asked a question about your sleeping pattern as part of the application which was rather odd! haha
Reply 997
Original post by maik13
do you know how they decide who gets what accommodation, as i imagine alot of people will be disappointed with vine court?

I reckon they'll try and group people together according to sleeping pattern and preferences as to if they want single gender or not.
The way I understood it I think those with unconditional firms get priority, followed by those with conditional firms, then unconditional insurance, conditional insurance, then those who get in through clearing obviously just have to go wherever there is room, cause they'll be really last minute.

Posted from TSR Mobile
What course are you going to be studying? I'm in the exact same position.. So I've been looking at Grand Central halls which are most popular, but more for the john moores students and other unis /: no idea what to do
Reply 999
Original post by GeorgiaRose
I just applied!

this is pretty much what ive put! except ive put Derby & Rathbone catered, purely because i remember them saying catered is the norm there, and the restaurant was really nice :P
liverpool is only my insurance though, so if i go im unlikely to get vine court

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending