Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

University of Liverpool Accommodation Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NathanStanworth
Is anyone in vine court, catered :smile: I've just been given that offer now

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah same here! Im in block B floor 1. Proper buzzing for it!
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Original post by jackpot95
Kinda jealous, I sorta wanted self-catered! :tongue: Tudor Close will probs be fab- all refurbished, was it one of your choices?

The only down side is no en-suite but I'm sure I can live with that. Hopefully there are other Medics there!

It wasn't one of my choice but i'm kinda glad i got it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gregprice94
Yeah same I just stuck with what I got, they put me in carnatic which sounds good anyway! I guess catered isn't the end of the world as well, makes everything a lot easier! Just want to get started now

Yeah it does have its advantages :P My cousin had catered during her first year and she says it's a great way to meet people. Can't wait to go! When can we start moving in?
Original post by Nadine__001
Hehe, D&R seems like a popular choice! :-)

Yeah, so excited! What are you studying?
Original post by theytookmyuke
Hello, anyone staying at Roscoe and Gladstone? I'm catered but just wondered if anyone knows if you have to supply your own cutlery, plates, cups and utensils for the kitchen in the catered halls or is it already there?

Also does anyone know if the internet is wifi or cabled?

Everything's supplied for you in the kitchens but you can take your own cups for the drinks (they only give plastic disposable ones). It makes sense to take plates and cutlery and stuff so you can eat lunch in your room.

And it was cabled internet when I was there last year, but they may have installed wifi over the summer. There's wifi in the canteen and social area though!
Reply 1185
Melville Grove anyone?!
Original post by CalculatorFocused
yay brilliant, just worried about the 3 mile journey onto campus :frown:

It's not too bad. There is a bus pretty much every five minutes at peak times (at off peak times it can be a bit more of a ball ache though).

The bus trip is part of the experience though. Everyone goes out on town together - on the 699.
Reply 1187
McNair anyone? :smile:
Original post by matthewmarshall
Everything's supplied for you in the kitchens but you can take your own cups for the drinks (they only give plastic disposable ones). It makes sense to take plates and cutlery and stuff so you can eat lunch in your room.

And it was cabled internet when I was there last year, but they may have installed wifi over the summer. There's wifi in the canteen and social area though!

So if you are catered do you still have a small kitchen for preparing the odd snack in between meals?
Original post by MirandaB95
So if you are catered do you still have a small kitchen for preparing the odd snack in between meals?

Yeah but from what I've read, it only has a kettle, microwave and a toaster in it.
Original post by olirowlands
Hi going to be studying law at Liverpool .. Got first choice vine court anyone staying there? So excited!

Staying at vine court too, so excited to move in :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
St Andrews Garden anyone?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anybody at Parr Court? It seems I could be one of the only first years...
Original post by MarielRubinstein
Ahah yeah I'm so excited! I want this month to hurry up! I'm from London? You? Have you found anyone else staying in Rankin? I've posted on the Facebook page but no one else is lool

Me too! I'm from Birmingham area, but sounds like you have a massively long drive up! I haven't yet, no! Went up today to check it out, all being refurbished! Bigger rooms, they say, than the other halls in Carnatic! I feel lucky now hehe :tongue: Can't wait to go!
Original post by Char.P.xx
Yeah it does have its advantages :P My cousin had catered during her first year and she says it's a great way to meet people. Can't wait to go! When can we start moving in?

Catered at Liverpool is the 'real deal'.
Hey guys! Just confirmed a catered room at Vine Court. Anyone knows how do I get my room number?
Original post by Harris Zainul
Hey guys! Just confirmed a catered room at Vine Court. Anyone knows how do I get my room number?

I think we get sent an accommodation pack within the next couple if weeks :smile: I've confirmed this accommodation too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by theytookmyuke
Yeah but from what I've read, it only has a kettle, microwave and a toaster in it.

It's literally a cupboard with a fridge, kettle, microwave, toaster and sink. We also had a toastie maker which was an added bonus.
Original post by soph24601
I think we get sent an accommodation pack within the next couple if weeks :smile: I've confirmed this accommodation too!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ooo I'm in Vine Court too but in self catered halls. How do we know what the size of the room we've been given e.g. single, double etc? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rachelxoxo
Ooo I'm in Vine Court too but in self catered halls. How do we know what the size of the room we've been given e.g. single, double etc? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I rung up and asked! And then asked for my room number while I was at it!

Everyone has mixed opinions of the accommadation office but I think they've been so helpful!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending