The Student Room Group

BBC3 - Junior Doctors: Your Life In Their Hands

Scroll to see replies

Anyone else find it abit wierd that priya walks around the wards in a frock? Surely you dress more proffesionally :s-smilie:
Original post by AtomicMan
Anyone else find it abit wierd that priya walks around the wards in a frock? Surely you dress more proffesionally :s-smilie:

frock or no frock, i'll have her either way :sexface:

Edit- comon why neg me for harmless banter :tongue:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Beska
What the heck Pyria wearing? Does infection control not count for her or something?

Sterile gloves but long hair draping everywhere over the wound is OK? :confused:

This 'infection control' stuff has probably the most misinformation amongst medical students these days. In fact, I would hazard a guess that >95% of year 1 students accept this as fact now rather than looking at it critically.

It all has to do with the fomite. Much of this 'hair tying back', wristwatch banning, bare below the elbows is specifically designed to give the impression of socially acceptable cleanliness. Stuff patients see on a day to day basis. Honestly, had a phlebotomist tell me the other day that you should ask the patient to turn their head away from the side you are taking blood off 'to stop them breathing over the sterile field' :rolleyes: are you ****ing kidding me.

What they don't see is the obs folder being touched from nurse - doctor - med student - hca all over the ward...the stethoscopes...the BP cuffs...the sats probe. Fomite much? Or the lack of space between beds/single rooms.

As long as her sterile field wasn't contaminated, fine.
Oh lucy is so niceee, bless her.

Priya is a little annoying and princess-like, though ironically she reminds me a little of myself :teehee:
Reply 2104
Loved this weeks episode but strangely have this inherent dislike for priya (i think its jealousy that my parents have never gave me meals when I'm away from home). Also she has a good car.
That elderly man was so sweet.
Reply 2106
I saw the Posh doctor today at the hospital. She seems very nice and is extremely pretty.
Original post by Medican
I saw the Posh doctor today at the hospital. She seems very nice and is extremely pretty.

Which one? Priya or Milla
Reply 2108
Original post by manupalace
Which one? Priya or Milla

Milla.
Lucy :colondollar: :love:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Tripo
Loved this weeks episode but strangely have this inherent dislike for priya (i think its jealousy that my parents have never gave me meals when I'm away from home). Also she has a good car.

Same, I know its irrational and what business is it of mine if priya's parents spoil her? Still cant help my self being jealous of her for not ever needing a part time though, and she does seem a bit incompetent with canulation, that sceene of her joking with the old man she failed with is just awkard.
Original post by MrDent
Is Sameer is social retard?

'Is sameer a social retard ?'

No.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Mushi_master
Really felt for the guy; his one shot at glory, gone :frown:

Would have been very embarraasing for the junior docs if he got it in.
Original post by Jamie

I have visions of the camera crew filming every student on the ward doing an 'anaesthetic style' perfect cannula again and again and going 'nooo we need a **** up' :p:
Original post by Tripo

Original post by Tripo

That she can't park!
Original post by Jamie

Very true! Like digi said though, they probably kept filming 'til he screwed one up :tongue:
I like Adam, the bit where he was wondering whether he can talk back to the fax-machine had me in pieces.

I love that kind of dry humour delivered with a straight face...........that or he's just a bit simple (though I doubt it given his career!)
Original post by Aaaaaaaargh!
I like Adam, the bit where he was wondering whether he can talk back to the fax-machine had me in pieces.

I love that kind of dry humour delivered with a straight face...........that or he's just a bit simple (though I doubt it given his career!)

*Andy :lol:

Made me laugh too, "Do I talk back to it? .........operator?" - with the nurse looking at him like :lolwut:
Original post by Joseppea
*Andy :lol:

Made me laugh too, "Do I talk back to it? .........operator?" - with the nurse looking at him like :lolwut:

Whatever, I was just testing everyone's Junior Doctors knowledge :K:

And yeah, the nurses faces are hilarious at times, God knows what they must think of the doctors half the time haha!

She was like :erm:
Andy is adorable :yep: total crush on him!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending