The Student Room Group

BBC3 - Junior Doctors: Your Life In Their Hands

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Beska
Measuring social class in the 21st century: the higher ones class, the higher the number of cores in ones CPU.

Mine has 24, in 1 Mac. Does that make me an aristocrat or a hipster?
Reply 1381
Original post by winter_mute
Mine has 24, in 1 Mac. Does that make me an aristocrat or a hipster?

An aristocratic hipster. Instead of sitting in Starbucks, wearing a scarf indoors and drinking a latte you instead sit in The Ritz, wearing a monocle while drinking afternoon tea.
Original post by Beska
An aristocratic hipster. Instead of sitting in Starbucks, wearing a scarf indoors and drinking a latte you instead sit in The Ritz, wearing a monocle while drinking afternoon tea.

No doubt complaining about the uncouth yobbery defacing the property.

How integrated is Newcastle Medical school with the hospital, location wise? I swear I saw a sign saying "Medical school" when one of the Juniors ran some bloods to the path lab.

One would think that if it was on site SGUL wouldn't bang on about being the only school in a hospital.

How integrated is Newcastle Medical school with the hospital, location wise? I swear I saw a sign saying "Medical school" when one of the Juniors ran some bloods to the path lab.

One would think that if it was on site SGUL wouldn't bang on about being the only school in a hospital.

The medical campus at King's is on a hospital site, with one of the lecture theatres being at the top of Guy's. Georgies don't know what they're babbling on about :tongue:
Reply 1384

Built into the hospital (i.e. if you follow the coridoor the medical school offices/library/etc. is on you'd end up sooner or later in a ward.) - SGUL claim that? Haha. Nottingham is also very much part of the hospital, and so is Sheffield. You mad SGUL?
Original post by Mushi_master
The medical campus at King's is on a hospital site, with one of the lecture theatres being at the top of Guy's. Georgies don't know what they're babbling on about :tongue:

I don't think one lecture room can count as the school being in the same building as the hospital (which is what George's say). I've spent a *lot* of time on King's campus and although pretty close, it's not as integrated and Georges is more aesthetically pleasing. Whether that matters is debatable. I think having to put up with KCL students would be more of a pressing matter for me :tongue:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Beska
Built into the hospital (i.e. if you follow the coridoor the medical school offices/library/etc. is on you'd end up sooner or later in a ward.) - SGUL claim that? Haha. Nottingham is also very much part of the hospital, and so is Sheffield. You mad SGUL?

Maybe they said in London, not in the country which would be true.
winter_mute

Find the join!:tongue:
Original post by Beska

Well you have to climb some stairs first, but Costa in the hospital is closer to me than the dental cafe
I like to think some of us are looking to bring our working class charm into our prespective medical schools...

Gutted there wasn't a token "I was born on a council estate" doctor, even know he/she would of probably harped on about it I think it would genuinely made some people from working class backgrounds realise they to can become a doctor if they work hard enough.
Reply 1389
Original post by Lantana
Well you have to climb some stairs first, but Costa in the hospital is closer to me than the dental cafe

Ah. :p: Really?!
I don't think one lecture room can count as the school being in the same building as the hospital (which is what George's say). I've spent a *lot* of time on King's campus and although pretty close, it's not as integrated and Georges is more aesthetically pleasing. Whether that matters is debatable. I think having to put up with KCL students would be more of a pressing matter for me :tongue:

Well, most of the rest of the medical school is what used to be the hospital :tongue: Anyway, we have a MacDonald's.

In all fairness, I haven't seen George's to judge; but that would mean facing the difficult matter of dealing with SGUL students.

:tongue:
Original post by baztech
I like to think some of us are looking to bring our working class charm into our prospective medical schools...

Gutted there wasn't a token "I was born on a council estate" doctor, even know he/she would of probably harped on about it I think it would genuinely made some people from working class backgrounds realise they too can become a doctor if they work hard enough.

THIS is very true. Whilst the doctors are lovely and everything, I'm a single mum and the most inspiring story I read/saw was Fey Probst, a single mother of 4, who became a doctor 20 years ago. It shows that it is possible, and served far more use to me than watching Junior Doctors.

IF ONLY I COULD GET MY HANDS ON THE ORIGINAL "DOCTORS TO BE" SERIES ARGH.
Original post by Harbour Seal
THIS is very true. Whilst the doctors are lovely and everything, I'm a single mum and the most inspiring story I read/saw was Fey Probst, a single mother of 4, who became a doctor 20 years ago. It shows that it is possible, and served far more use to me than watching Junior Doctors.

IF ONLY I COULD GET MY HANDS ON THE ORIGINAL "DOCTORS TO BE" SERIES ARGH.

Wow thats pretty amazing stuff how she managed to do that! Did you get in this year then H Seal? I'm sadly going to be a re-applicant.
Original post by baztech
Wow thats pretty amazing stuff how she managed to do that! Did you get in this year then H Seal? I'm sadly going to be a re-applicant.

Me too! Och, it'll be ace :biggrin: can't bloody wait!

Yeah, I don't know how she did it, but it is fantastic. Gives me hope as she too had a previous "bit of a degree" like my dear self :wink:

I did some work experience at North Tyneside, and they had a "medical school" section at the hospital, which basically consisted of some rooms and a lecture theatre etc :dontknow:

Aberdeen's medical school is on the hospital site, and the bit termed "Medical School Building" is actually the path/micro/haem labs for the hospital. SGUL are definitely not the only ones...
Original post by Becca-Sarah
Aberdeen's medical school is on the hospital site, and the bit termed "Medical School Building" is actually the path/micro/haem labs for the hospital. SGUL are definitely not the only ones...

Swansea's med school is like a 2 minute walk from some of the hosptial and is on hospital grounds.
Dundee Med School is IN the hospital. I had to go through the hospital to get into it!
They sometimes wheel patients past our seminar rooms. :ahee:
Reply 1399
We have lectures at the hospital in Southampton. The anatomy suite is also there.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending