The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Studying Korean?

I'm a second year undergrad student, I have recently decided to do my military service in Korea after I graduate and would like to get a firmer grasp of the language.
I was born in Korea but have lived in England for the majority of my lifetime (thus my English is far superior to my Korean) and I am now applying for dual nationality (but that's neithere here nor there).

The question is: Does Warwick have any facilities for me to learn Korean?
Original post by saef
I'm a second year undergrad student, I have recently decided to do my military service in Korea after I graduate and would like to get a firmer grasp of the language.
I was born in Korea but have lived in England for the majority of my lifetime (thus my English is far superior to my Korean) and I am now applying for dual nationality (but that's neithere here nor there).

The question is: Does Warwick have any facilities for me to learn Korean?

Hiya!

Well the language centre used to do a beginners Korean course, but they discontinued it in 2008 (I suppose beginners would be too simple for you anyway!)

In the language centre: they have a room full of televisions, computers and books to facilitate self study. You can find materials on Korean in there to teach yourself from.

In the library: they have some books on learning Korean, Korean culture and literature. Go to the third floor, and look for books under the PL class-mark.

At the Student's Union: you can join the Korean Society. Talk to native speakers to practice your conversational skills, they might even do lessons.

or you could join Lipsoc (http://lipsoc.uwcs.co.uk/) - they organise groups to learn languages together. and have a 'buddy system' where a Korean student will tutor you in return for you tutoring them in English.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Quick Reply

Latest