The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

all my mates have passed first time including me. we all say its all that PS3/PS4 we've played over the years lmao.
I had an intensive course in 2013 and was to test standard and confident, sadly failed because a boy-racer sped past and I had to break harshly and then I sped due to that hiccup and obviously had 2 serious faults. I did my 2nd test in a different area due to stupid haste to pass, failed that test while trying to change lanes. So speed up to 2018, booked 15hrs to pass my test and re-jig my memory. Completely horrific and way too stressful to learn now, I'm unable to deal with roundabouts and independent driving with a sat nav is even worse, I have cancelled my 3rd test and given up driving. Moral of the story, learn as young as possible and keep persisting test after test if you fail. Leaving a huge gap between trying to pass is horrific, I'm now unable to pursue the career I've dreamt and studied for and will be that person who who relies on a bus.
Reply 82
Original post by FunkyFly
I had an intensive course in 2013 and was to test standard and confident, sadly failed because a boy-racer sped past and I had to break harshly and then I sped due to that hiccup and obviously had 2 serious faults. I did my 2nd test in a different area due to stupid haste to pass, failed that test while trying to change lanes. So speed up to 2018, booked 15hrs to pass my test and re-jig my memory. Completely horrific and way too stressful to learn now, I'm unable to deal with roundabouts and independent driving with a sat nav is even worse, I have cancelled my 3rd test and given up driving. Moral of the story, learn as young as possible and keep persisting test after test if you fail. Leaving a huge gap between trying to pass is horrific, I'm now unable to pursue the career I've dreamt and studied for and will be that person who who relies on a bus.

Sounds so horrible, being a nervous person I can understand you and the driving exam heightens your nerves
Don't give up though, if driving lessons are too expensive it might be better to get a family member to help you and have learner driving insurance
Original post by thebluemats
Sounds so horrible, being a nervous person I can understand you and the driving exam heightens your nerves
Don't give up though, if driving lessons are too expensive it might be better to get a family member to help you and have learner driving insurance

I have to give up for my own sanity, my instructor says I'm close to passing but I don't believe him. I'm not horrific, I can do most of the things required other than actually concentrate/multi task with sat nav and plan ahead etc. I can't hack the lessons anymore which means I can't even get over the threshold to be test ready or actually attend a driving test.
I had my driving test yesterday but sadly i failed and really worse the examiner asked to pulled the car into the safe side of the road and i did i just thought it was just a part of my driving test..and didnt even realise she just terminate my test i was just shock..yeah i made a wrong exit and nearly hit the curb i was so nervous and seems my head is blank i was devastated and wanted to give up already even though its only first attemp..but when u saw this message whoever posted it you give me a hope..you lift me up to keel trying keep moving and not to give up and failing first time is not the end of the world..so thank you for this i will do ky best for second test atm i didnt book a test i will more focus into my lesson
People who failed like me we keep on trying that we gonna make it
Reply 85
Thank you so much for this motivation! This helps me build my confidence again. Driving is sometimes scary. I took around 60 classes now and still struggling. Making new mistakes everyday. Got my driving test booked on 31st of Dec! Hope everything will go good!!
Original post by Scook97
Mate, you get people who have been driving for years and still have accidents. Doesn’t matter if you do 20 lessons or 200, accidents happen. Your just jumping on the page calling people ‘idiots’, keep your daft opinions to yourself

This thread is 11 years old and I am unsure which post you are replying to. If you spot a dodgy post, even an old one, you can use the report flag next to each post to send it to the mod team for review.

Latest

Trending

Trending