The Student Room Group

This is weird ...

I just received a letter of the University of Gloucestershire, telling me they were delighted to tell me that I had reached the second stage of the application progress and they would like to see evidence of my writing skills and I would therefor have to send them a review on whatever I like.
Thing is, I cancelled my application to them on the 26th and had it replaced with Winchester, who have already offered me a place. Winchester appears on my track, Gloucestershire doesn't. However, their letter is dated Nov 15th so could it be that UCAS never cancelled my app to them and I am currently applying to 7 unis? It's weird :confused:
Reply 1
Ring UCAS and explain what has happened.Also ring Gloucestershire and explain.

:smile:
Reply 2
Anne*UK*06
I just received a letter of the University of Gloucestershire, telling me they were delighted to tell me that I had reached the second stage of the application progress and they would like to see evidence of my writing skills and I would therefor have to send them a review on whatever I like.
Thing is, I cancelled my application to them on the 26th and had it replaced with Winchester, who have already offered me a place. Winchester appears on my track, Gloucestershire doesn't. However, their letter is dated Nov 15th so could it be that UCAS never cancelled my app to them and I am currently applying to 7 unis? It's weird :confused:

Sounds like the letter was due to be sent before you changed course details. I sugest you phone them up and tell them what happened. You'll most likely find that they say you're no longer on their list. :smile: Or alternatively, try UCAS, but we all know what their telephone skills are like lol.
Reply 3
Well, but their letter is dated Nov 15th and I cancelled my application with them on the 26th of October lol. I think maybe UCAS just forgot to mention it to Gloucestershire and they think I'm still applying lol I don't wanna call them to tell then I changed my mind about them, that's rude :frown: lol
Reply 4
Anne*UK*06
Well, but their letter is dated Nov 15th and I cancelled my application with them on the 26th of October lol. I think maybe UCAS just forgot to mention it to Gloucestershire and they think I'm still applying lol I don't wanna call them to tell then I changed my mind about them, that's rude :frown: lol

Maybe, but id still say its just the software systems not talking to each other properly. Their systems will only send you a letter when a certain amount of people are on the list to recieve one, say 500 people. So when the list of applications reaches that number, theyll send letters (saves money on postage if they send a large number at once)... so you were probably on the lists long before you changed the course details.

You need to ring UCAS if you dont want to phone gloucester. They can tell you what their systems say. If their systems definitely dont have you down for gloucester, just ignore the letter and dont send anything, by not sending them the requested work, if you are STILL on their lists, you'll get taken off.
Reply 5
Hmm, okay. I still doubt it, I think I am on their system because it wasn't only the average letter, but it had a little handwritten note from the admissions tutor on it :eek: I feel sorry now lol
Reply 6
Anne*UK*06
Hmm, okay. I still doubt it, I think I am on their system because it wasn't only the average letter, but it had a little handwritten note from the admissions tutor on it :eek: I feel sorry now lol

handwritten? Ok i take back what i said... you must stil be on their system then :s Weird. get in touch with UCAS... its their fault, they have to sort ot for you :smile:
Reply 7
When it's time to offer you a place and they realise they don't have you on their UCAS system, they'll eventually realise. :biggrin:
Reply 8
Yeah, that's what I thought :p: Or when I don't send them the review they want :biggrin: lol It's still such a typical UCAS mess-up :rolleyes:
Reply 9
7 unis???? nice! be glad hehe hehe just kidding maybe u should ring up n stuff...but 7 unis nice...if only we were so lucky
Reply 10
Anne*UK*06

lol exactly the same thing has happened to me! same course, uni, letter/date etc!!

As its changes from the gloucestershire course on track im hoping that its all worked and that ucas were just slow at telling gloucestershire id changed it!!

By personal note do you mean the thing by the signature???
Reply 11
haha, wow, 7 choices...how cool is that? :wink: :biggrin:
but yeah, like everyone else said, call UCAS up..they should sort it out for you, its not your mistake
Reply 12
No, by personal note I meant a handwritten extra piece that said I could email my stuff rather then post it etc ...

Well, as my "real" 6 choices do appear on track, I decided to simply ignore them lol I won't be sending them any proof of writing skills so they will automatically notice I'm no longer interested lol
Reply 13
Anne*UK*06
No, by personal note I meant a handwritten extra piece that said I could email my stuff rather then post it etc ...

Well, as my "real" 6 choices do appear on track, I decided to simply ignore them lol I won't be sending them any proof of writing skills so they will automatically notice I'm no longer interested lol

heared anything else so far then?

Latest

Trending

Trending