The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Nz :colonhash:

sa :colonhash: :colonhash:
OMG, it was 108-2 when I had to stop watching :rofl:

If England somehow manage to beat Sri Lanka, they might actually get to the final... :holmes: :awesome:
Reply 1982
SA were supposed to be one of the favourites. Lol.
Wrote this a few hours ago. Look like a bit of an idiot now, but heck, who would have predicted the upset? How's the writing though?
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/645053-icc-world-cup-2011-quarterfinal-and-semifinal-previews-and-predictions
I was right!

They choked!

LOL
Reply 1985
Original post by Numzilla

Original post by Numzilla
http://www.pakpassion.net/

Is there any possible way to get the background of this website?

http://www.pakpassion.net/BG.jpg

I thought it would be easy to find it so I took a look. It took a while though lol.
They'va actually gone and choked again.. I thought that would have ended by now.
Also, New Zealand yet again reach a semi-final unexpectedly..
Reply 1987
Original post by Steph90
http://www.pakpassion.net/BG.jpg

I thought it would be easy to find it so I took a look. It took a while though lol.

:awesome:

How did you do it? Thank you so much!
I left home to pop out and they were 3 wickets down. Came back 30mins later and they were 8 down. Incredible stuff and as much as SA crumbled, full credit to NZ for bowling and fielding with great discipline. Everyone had SA winning easily today but NZ upset the odds and it's refreshing to see. SA just re-enforce their chokers tag, they had the bowling and batting to win the tournament but some suicidal decisions have cost them. This really helps Pakistan as I felt SA would make it to the final and really challenge any team who gets there with them.

I'm just counting down to Wednesday - Indian PM has invited his counterparts of Pakistan to come and watch the game just to put Pakistan's players under more pressure and possible humiliation from the higher echelons of the government if they lose!
Reply 1989
South Africa :lol:

Great chance for the winner of England/SL to get to the final now. It'll probably be Sri Lanka, but you never know. Rumours that Bell is opening for us, Anderson will come back and Bresnan is injured and will be replaced by Dernbach. Think i'd prefer Bopara to open but both are better than Prior. Would imagine Swann and Tredwell will play again which leaves space for 3 more players, Wright will probably get his place after a decent knock so it'll be two of Anderson/Bresnan/Tremlett. Doubt Dernbach will get a look in, hopefully Anderson and Bresnan will play. I still have faith in Jimmy, the time off should have done him some good.
(edited 13 years ago)
The way England been topsy turvy in the tournament means I wouldn't rule them out. I'd give Bell the opening slot ahead of Prior. It could potentially be a Pakistan vs. England final which after the year both sides have had and the chaos in last year's series', would be real feisty! England might aswell go out tomorrow, and give both barrells. SL are the ones expected to win, and due to them being at home - as shown by NZ - an upset can happen.
Reply 1991
Original post by Aky786UK
I'm just counting down to Wednesday - Indian PM has invited his counterparts of Pakistan to come and watch the game just to put Pakistan's players under more pressure and possible humiliation from the higher echelons of the government if they lose!

hahaha, is this true? do you have a source for this?

This just demonstrates how deep and wide the consequences of this event will be.

I can't wait :biggrin:
Reply 1992
Original post by Overmars
It's impossible to know which team will come out on top. But India are the better team and are the bookies favourites -- it's not 'patriotic' to say India are more likely to win.

First of all, how is India exactly the better team? for them to be the better team, they should be better in both batting and bowling departments, as far as I can see, they only fill one of them boxes. Secondly what you fail to realise that this match will have nothing to do with the amount of talent the sides have, it will completely come down to pressure and how each player deals with it. When it comes to Pak vs India it would be daft to say who is more likely to win because it isn't a game of cricket anymore and neither of us can predict which players will deal with the pressure and those who won't, so before you go out running your mouth on a topic you have no idea about, STFU.
(edited 13 years ago)
You'd think Sri Lanka would march on to the final now, but you just never know. Still wouldn't count NZ out of this. At this stage it's all about who's better on the day.

India vs Sri Lanka is the final I want, even though it'd be tough. :drool:
Reply 1994
Original post by jayman
First of all, how is India exactly the better team? for them to be the better team, they should be better in both batting and bowling departments, as far as I can see, they only fill one of them boxes. Secondly what you fail to realise that this match will have nothing to do with the amount of talent the sides have, it will completely come down to pressure and how each player deals with it. When it comes to Pak vs India it would be daft to say who is more likely to win because it isn't a game of cricket anymore and neither of us can predict which players will deal with the pressure and those who won't, so before you go out running your mouth on a topic you have no idea about, STFU.

Someone on this thread in 'brainlessly using pathetic insults to defend Pakistan against a perfectly reasonable point' shocker :eek4:
Reply 1995
Original post by Louis.
Someone on this thread in 'brainlessly using pathetic insults to defend Pakistan against a perfectly reasonable point' shocker :eek4:

I can't see any pathetic insults in my post, Sorry but your 'pathetic attempts to try and patronise me' aren't working and are just making you look childish. Better luck next time though :smile:
Come on England tomoz in both football and cricket with football being more important.
Original post by Louis.

From what I can see, there's nothing pathetic and he's not insulting nobody?
Original post by Steph90
hahaha, is this true? do you have a source for this?

This just demonstrates how deep and wide the consequences of this event will be.

I can't wait :biggrin:

Article and a blog on the India vs. Pakistan game
omg wtf, how the hell did NZ beat SA i was at uni all day someone enlighten me :O

Latest