AQA Law 1 20th May 2011
OCR Economics Markets in Action 20th May 2011
Edexcel Mathematics D1 20th May 2011
Edexcel Mathematics S1 20th May 2011

AQA Law 2 25th May 2011

Edexcel Mathematics C2 26th May 2011

OCR Economics The National and International Economy 27th May 2011

Edexcel Mathematics FP1 22th June 2011

Is there any way of getting around the 20th May with less exams?
Reply 1
I think there is a maximum number of hours you're allowed to sit in one day (it's what I heard, but don't quote me on it). If your exams clash or it goes over the maximum, one of your exams may be moved to another day.

Ask the exams office in your college/school for details, but when you sit your exams is quite strict, so probably not.
Reply 2
Original post by Karansk94
I just looked at my timetable for the 2011 summer exams, here it is:

Edexcel Mathematics M1 18th May 2011
Edexcel Mathematics C1 18th May 2011

AQA Law 1 20th May 2011
OCR Economics Markets in Action 20th May 2011
Edexcel Mathematics D1 20th May 2011
Edexcel Mathematics S1 20th May 2011

AQA Law 2 25th May 2011

Edexcel Mathematics C2 26th May 2011

OCR Economics The National and International Economy 27th May 2011

Edexcel Mathematics FP1 22th June 2011

Is there any way of getting around the 20th May with less exams?

Unfortunately no.
How come you have maths D1? I am taking maths, geog, economics and politics and only have two exams on the 20th: Maths C1 and Economics Unit 1
Reply 4
I got 4hrs and 45 mins worth of exams in a day (26th)

:sigh:
Reply 5
Original post by strawberryjellybaby
How come you have maths D1? I am taking maths, geog, economics and politics and only have two exams on the 20th: Maths C1 and Economics Unit 1

Its because it took Maths Mechanics AND Further Maths. My modules are:

Maths Mechanics
C1
C2
M1

Further Maths
S1
D1
FP1

Is your exam board OCR for economics?
Reply 6
Original post by swiftylol
I got 4hrs and 45 mins worth of exams in a day (26th)

:sigh:

i feel sorry for you, but i have more :frown:
Reply 7
Original post by TSR-MATT
You will put into isolation and take the exams 1 after another. I have previously done 3 GCSE exams in one day but I've never heard of someone having 4 exams in a day.

I've been told by a teacher that in extreme cases a student may have to stay at a teacher's house over night and then take their exam(s) the following day, this is obviously necessary to keep you in isolation. I can imagine with 4 exams that this may be a possibility as it would be unreasonable to expect you to take them all in the same day.

My summer timetable also sucks though not as bad as yours does. The exam boards need to get together and co ordinate it so that similar subjects aren't placed close together on the calender. For example, don't have all the science unit (x) exams in the space of 2/3 days.

Thanks for your help. i spoke to my exam office at school and i have 2 possibility's.

1) Take 1 exam the following day - This means only one exam can be taken the next morning and i have to be under monitor throughout the whole day and night including mobile phone checks, email/internet checks, house phone checks, parents under monitor...
and there is alot of paper work to do,and all exams are back-to-back

2) Take all 4 exams on one day and make a special consideration. This means that i can choose to sit my exams in any order regardless of the times, however, on my paper that i decide to do last, i will have a special consideration, which means that the paper will be marked generously.
With this option, i can have upto 1 hour break between each exam.

Quick Reply

Latest