The Student Room Group

Is it Possible?

I've started my FP3, Fp2 a week earlier and trying to give a moderate amount of time to get an A but is it possible to finish both the units sufficiently well within March (I'm a summer candidate for edexcel)? I want advice from those who have done or doing the units, about which chapter you find the most terrifying and how are you preparing to tackle the difficult chapters and any advice you feel I will be aided. Your response will be greatly appreciated. :smile:

Edits: Within May not march
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by the mathematician
I've started my FP3, Fp2 a week earlier and trying to give a moderate amount of time to get an A but is it possible to finish both the units sufficiently well within March (I'm a summer candidate for edexcel)? I want advice from those who have done or doing the units, about which chapter you find the most terrifying and how are you preparing to tackle the difficult chapters and any advice you feel I will be aided. Your response will be greatly appreciated. :smile:

if you revise 12hrs everyday
Original post by sucess
if you revise 12hrs everyday

Do you think its possible within May ??
Reply 3
It would be possible...you would just need to spend a lot of time revising in and out of school
Reply 4
Do you think its possible within May ??

yh further maths exams are in june so if you work hard its possible

Edits: Within May not march

FP2 and FP3 don't have a massive amount of content, the enphasis is on understanding. Most of the time spent working will be atually trying to understand the principles rather than learning content. How fast you can get through it will probably depend on your overall grasp on mathematics, if your self teaching FP2 especially will be alot harder to learn without a teacher. Fp3 is slightly easier than FP2 I belive.

So I would say Yes, If your a very competant mathematician!

Quick Reply

Latest