The Student Room Group

Film Fanatics - Chat Thread II

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7300
Original post by sheep_go_baa
What?!!? Why are they doing that?!

This answer has been endlessly used before, but it's probably $$$

That said, I don't know anything about the specifics of the making/remaking, so I could be completely wrong and it could be someone genuinely trying to re-imagine a good film. :o: :getmecoat:
Reply 7301
Oh no, not Oldboy! Another great film getting an unnecessary remake. Sigh, not only is Oldboy getting a remake, but so is The Magnificent Seven! :frown:
Reply 7302
I watched the Royal Tenenbaums today. I didn't feel very emotionally engaged with the characters so I just looked at the pretty colours.
Reply 7303
Original post by Arran44
Oh no, not Oldboy! Another great film getting an unnecessary remake. Sigh, not only is Oldboy getting a remake, but so is The Magnificent Seven! :frown:

Tbf The Magnificent Seven is a remake is it not?

'Old Boy' should be interesting. Spike Lee, Josh Brolin, Sharlto Copley.
I don't really want them to remake it but I am sort of following it with mild amusement, I wanna see how it all turns out.
Reply 7304
Original post by Mo-Amin
Tbf The Magnificent Seven is a remake is it not?

Of Seven Samurai. :yep:
Has anyone watched Alexander? Wondering whether to watch it or not.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Don't.
Reply 7307
Original post by Joey Tribbiani

Sword and sandal epics are one of my favourite genres but that film is just horrible. They really need to make a decent film about Alexander the Great.
Original post by Joey Tribbiani

Watch something else, its rubbish
Watch Spartacus to tide you over.
Really that bad :L
It's an awful film. But if you'd prefer to watch a film of that type, opt for Gladiator, Troy and Kingdom of Heaven (Director's Cut).
Reply 7312
I'm watching Inglorious Basterds and......I gotta say, it's not my favorite Tarantino flick. But it's still good though.
Reply 7313
I absolutely adore Inglourious Basterds. Unashamedly massive Tarantino fan.

I went to see Search for Sugar Man today, it was a pretty good documentary. Really worth seeing if you like your music, plus the story itself is quite crazy!
Going to watch Austin Powers 1 tomorrow.

I have one simple request, and that is to have SHARKS WITH FRICKIN' LASER BEAMS ATTACHED TO THEIR HEADS.
Original post by Deshi
Sword and sandal epics are one of my favourite genres but that film is just horrible. They really need to make a decent film about Alexander the Great.

I'd prefer one on Philip to be honest. :moon:

Going to watch the hollywood War of the Worlds in the next fw days after recording it off of BBC3. Not seen it but will give it a fair go. Currently reading the story and I know already they've changed parts of that.
I'm watching The Muppets (2011). It's sooooo good.

Maniacal laugh. Maniacal laugh. :colone:
Reply 7317
Chipped and chopped some of the BBC clips and added a few different ones to make an Olympics montage. Where's my BAFTA yo. :awesome:

Reply 7318
Can't wait for taken 2!

Quick Reply

Latest