The Student Room Group

Economics or Physics?

I am currently planning on taking Maths, Bio, Chem and Economics at A level. I have my mind set on doing either Medicine or Dentistry at university. It would obviously be more useful to have Physics instead of Economics, considering the intense competition for my courses of choice.

The problem is, I hate Physics. I'm good at it, but hate it. Is it worth doing Physics over Economics if I am completely sure I want to do Medicine/Dentistry?
Reply 1
u shud do which ever you want to do - btw im doing the same subjects but have decided to change economics to history, because the economics teachers at my school are rubbish and this years AS level all got a grade D and below on average :eek:.

i dont think not doing physcics would limit you much beause you have chosen three sciences - maths chem biology and the requirements are to have chemistry at a-level and another whole science (either physcics maths or bio) at a-level.
so overall do th one you feel are going to do better at and likely to achieve atleast a B grade.

tell me how it goes... :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest