The Student Room Group
Some people have had reasons from the uni on their official UCAS Decision letter but that doesn't always happen. As for phoning to find out I don't know abou that...
Reply 2
There was nothing on the UCAS letter, which is why I thought they maybe don't give out reasons.
Reply 3
well my experience with LSE ws that they dont give out reasons for rejections (this was for accounting and finance) because they reject so many people.
If I remember it correctly, their website actually says that it was 'not their policy' to give reasons for a rejection or offer.. if I'd be offered a place I would not care why ;-)
LSE like rejecting people I'm feeling.
Reply 6
PQ
it's not their policy to give out reasons - however you can gain access to all their hard and electronic files on you through tha data protection act (although it can cost a tenner)...if an admissions tutor has scribbled a reason on the edge of your UCAS form then you might get something from that.

It's more lucrative to pull the DPA if you've been to an interview though - interview notes are much more likely to give a good reason than your UCAS form being stacked in the reject pile:smile:

So I could have found out why Oxford rejected me last year? They promised to send the usual letter to my school, but never bothered :mad:
Reply 7
What difference does it really make at the end of the day? Obviously human curiousity is an extremely strong force, but I wouldn't break my back over finding out the exact reasons.
I emailed Bristol to ask why it was I was rejected. It was more to make sure there wasn't something seriously wrong with my application as I was over the top end of their requested grades, and couldn't understand why.
And I got a really nice email from them, explaining how they choose applicants, and saying how there were XX number of applications etc, and said I was welcome to reapply next year. It was nice to receive an email from them, so I would suggest if you really want to know why you were rejected, contact them! What's the worst that can happen?
Reply 9
Who cares? As long as you have other offers its their loss! LSE seems to reject a HGE amount of people, despite amazing grades, personal statements, references and gcse rades, so i wouldnt worry about it. Its a lottery to get in really. Just concentrate on the offers you DO have or WILL have.
Reply 10
Icantbelieveit
I emailed Bristol to ask why it was I was rejected. It was more to make sure there wasn't something seriously wrong with my application as I was over the top end of their requested grades, and couldn't understand why.
And I got a really nice email from them, explaining how they choose applicants, and saying how there were XX number of applications etc, and said I was welcome to reapply next year. It was nice to receive an email from them, so I would suggest if you really want to know why you were rejected, contact them! What's the worst that can happen?

Out of interest, how do they choose applicants? I've always wondered if it's actually decided by a bingo machine in the admissions office :biggrin:
Reply 11
Thingamabob
Was rejected from LSE for Law, and being the person I am I'd like to know why. Do many people contact universities they've been rejected by for reasons and do the universities actually give out reasons?

If not, fair enough...but I'd just like to know what the reasons were. :rolleyes:

Be warned about your interview at Merton College by the way. You will no doubt be interviewed by the world's biggest super-bitch called Mindy Chen-Wishart. She will tell you before the interview that they won't try and intimidate you and that they won't play any tricks on you.... but she actually does....very evil woman :mad: The other interviewers seemed pleasant enough though :redface:
Reply 12
Ouch, you've obviously had a bad interview experience. :biggrin:

Princess Ana

So I could have found out why Oxford rejected me last year? They promised to send the usual letter to my school, but never bothered

Sure! Oxford's bounded by the UK's laws too. It might cost though.

Latest

Trending

Trending