The Student Room Group

Extremely concerned about a close friend

Hiya, recently I noticed I hadn't heard from someone in our friend group for a while, I wouldn't be that concerned about him if we hadn't heard from him in like 3 days but its been almost two weeks now and all of a sudden not a peep from him. Not even been online since the 16th on any of the platforms we have him added at and his phone stopped recieving calls just the other day. He attends a different university than mine and I'm not really sure which accomodation he lives in so I can't exactly go over there.

I might be dumb for asking for advice here but I'm kinda at a loss here on what to do here other than calling the university he attends (one of my friends already called them and they said "they can't give out contacts of students" for some reason) .
Reply 1
"...one of my friends already called them and they said "they can't give out contacts of students" for some reason) ."

The reason is called the Data Protection Act and the uni would be breaking the law by giving out personal information without meeting very specific requirements, especially to some random person on the end of a phone.

How is he in your friend group but there is no-one who knows where he lives or other friends they could contact?
Original post by aadeno
Hiya, recently I noticed I hadn't heard from someone in our friend group for a while, I wouldn't be that concerned about him if we hadn't heard from him in like 3 days but its been almost two weeks now and all of a sudden not a peep from him. Not even been online since the 16th on any of the platforms we have him added at and his phone stopped recieving calls just the other day. He attends a different university than mine and I'm not really sure which accomodation he lives in so I can't exactly go over there.
I might be dumb for asking for advice here but I'm kinda at a loss here on what to do here other than calling the university he attends (one of my friends already called them and they said "they can't give out contacts of students" for some reason) .

I mean if the university doesn't give out the contacts, you could ask them to check on him for you [not sure if they do that.] say your concerned for his welfare as he's just went offline and ask them to forward a message to him?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending