The Student Room Group

ADHD and Compelling Personal Reason evidence

Hey,

In a nutshell, I've used 2 years of funding back in 2019 and 2021, they were different courses but at the same uni, and did not progress in either year. I've since learned that I was suffering from undiagnosed ADHD, and have now been diagnosed.

(There's a reason for a gap inbetween the years and it's entirely because of my ADHD, looking back it's ridiculous that I didn't realise that something was up but I digress.)

I decided to apply for uni again this year as I'm now armed with meds, experience + It's also a local uni so I have my family supporting me.
My application for DSA was approved, but my evidence for a gift year was rejected due to no "specific dates" given? I've reached out to my clinician for a more specific letter but worried it may be rejected again. I didn't reach out to anyone in either year due to the shame of falling behind and anxiety so unsure if I can contact old university for help but willing to give it a shot.

Has anyone had success in applying for CPR for similar reasons and what evidence did you send?
Original post by whydoihaveto555
Hey,

In a nutshell, I've used 2 years of funding back in 2019 and 2021, they were different courses but at the same uni, and did not progress in either year. I've since learned that I was suffering from undiagnosed ADHD, and have now been diagnosed.

(There's a reason for a gap inbetween the years and it's entirely because of my ADHD, looking back it's ridiculous that I didn't realise that something was up but I digress.)

I decided to apply for uni again this year as I'm now armed with meds, experience + It's also a local uni so I have my family supporting me.
My application for DSA was approved, but my evidence for a gift year was rejected due to no "specific dates" given? I've reached out to my clinician for a more specific letter but worried it may be rejected again. I didn't reach out to anyone in either year due to the shame of falling behind and anxiety so unsure if I can contact old university for help but willing to give it a shot.

Has anyone had success in applying for CPR for similar reasons and what evidence did you send?

Hi there,

Just to say, when you do get this letter please upload it to your account as soon as you can and it will be reviewed by the assessors.

If this letter is more date-specific there's a much better chance it will be accepted. We're currently processing this kind of evidence in 13 working days.

Thanks, Graeme
Original post by Graeme SFE
Hi there,

Just to say, when you do get this letter please upload it to your account as soon as you can and it will be reviewed by the assessors.

If this letter is more date-specific there's a much better chance it will be accepted. We're currently processing this kind of evidence in 13 working days.

Thanks, Graeme

Is the covid pandemic period specific enough in terms of date?
Original post by whydoihaveto555
Is the covid pandemic period specific enough in terms of date?

The evidence would need to be dated so this can be linked to the academic year you previously couldn't continue. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending