The Student Room Group

Problem, enquiry, feasibility - help!!!

I've applied, my UCAS is sent. Only I really didn't realise the grades for one uni and I thought I'd be out of my depth.

Now, I've realised I can actually get these grades and I desperately want to apply to this uni, only it's not down on my form AT ALL. Can I do anything at all? Or just assign it to the, 'should've done it but didn't.' Bin?

If I ring UCAS tomorrow, is there any possibility of getting it down, or if I apply to the uni direct...?!
Reply 1
Indeed you can change it. As long as it's within 10 days (correct me if I'm wrong) you can change any course. After that I think it may be a bit more tricky but you can still do it. You may have to pay something though.
Reply 2
That's fine, I'll pay anything :biggrin: I honestly didn't realise (I had researched, just some you think are up there...) and I'd like to have a shot, if I don't get the grades then, oh well, but I can but try!!

Will do some rinigng tomorrow
Reply 3
My mate changed his for free, you can change your courses upto 2 weeks after receiving your welcome letter, my mate phoned up on the 13/14th day after receiving the welcome letter.
Reply 4
are you 100% sure? If so that is amazing and I think I'll be ok, if not, I'm screwed! So, they'll send me a letter to confirm? I thought they just sent them straight through, so say my application will have already gone through to Newcastle, yet I want to withdraw from there?
Reply 5
It's fine, my mate even got an offer from the place he wanted to withdraw from and they changed it for him and he got an offer from the uni he replaced it with. Loads of ppl on here have switched courses successfully on here, you've just got to make sure its done upto 2 weeks after receiving your welcome letter detailing your course choices because I'm guessing ucas allocate that time for you incase there's any errors or you've just changed your mind.
Reply 6
I changed one of mine this year - UCAS don't even ask why you want to change it so it's not a problem at all! You get a confirmation letter from UCAS detailing the changes.
I got an offer from the course i withdrew from a couple of days after i had changed it, so i think they are a little slow in updating. But it changes on track straight away so it's all good! :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending