The Student Room Group

Television - Salford or Westminster?

Okay, so I've whittled my choices down to two - But I'm unsure of which to choose for my firm. They both have qualities which make them good choices.

TELEVISION AND RADIO (Salford)
This course is going to be located in Media city which is where the BBC (and ITV) are moving their headquarters - There are going to be a lot of opportunities to work with professionals and get experience. The uni is quite grim with the surroundings looking gray and dodgy.

TELEVISION (Westminster)
This course looks amazing - It's located in London and the university works closely to get you work experience as part of the course. The area is friendly and not that expensive even though its London. I really liked the atmosphere of the students working when I went to my interview.

So, I've looked at reputation, grades and such and I think Westminster comes on top. However, Salford's course is RIGHT NEXT to where the BBC will be. So I'm not sure which to pick.
Would appreciate your views :smile:
Reply 1
I have the same problem, either Salford university because of the BBC/ITV and I know the lectures will be held in the media city building or at least some of them are (my friend does this course and lloves it)
OR
I could go to uni of york (not st john) and it has new fab facilities and it is a great place/uni!

So I am just as stuck :frown:
Reply 2
I've a choice between staying at home in N.Ireland or Salford because of the MediaCityUK experience. I'm going to the open day in Salford on wednesday to see what it's like.
From a non-Media POV I'd say Westminster. I have a friend who studied at Leeds (TV Production, I think?) and she's not had any trouble finding experience in the big companies, as she was willing to travel.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending