The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Official University of East Anglia (UEA) 2022 Applicant Thread

Hi! :hello:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to University of East Anglia (UEA) for 2022!

Meet and chat to other people applying here.

Ice breaker questions:
What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Hey everyone!

Just wanted to jump on this thread and say hello to anyone who might have applied, or is thinking of applying to study here at UEA. Would love to hear what you've all applied for! I'm currently in my 1st year of Film and Television Studies after doing a humanities foundation year last year.

Any questions at all, just let me know! :smile:
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Original post by olympehk
Hi My kid has an offer for EAU and I ‘d like to know if the teaching is currently on campus or blended? Any change for semester 2? Things won’t change much next September, so I’d like to know how the teaching is delivered at the moment. Thank you.

Hi @olympehk :smile:

Thank you for your question, and congratulations on the offer!

Whilst it is subject to change for the Autumn 2022 intake of students, the current approach from UEA is to provide as much face to face learning as possible. The precise situation will vary from subject to subject but as it stands right now, for the January/Feburary 2022 intake of students, everyone will attend at least some classes in person.

The uni is continually monitoring the situation and strives to facilitate a teaching environment that is safe, academically effective, flexible and engaging at all times. Please feel free to visit our FAQ page which shares a lot of information for applicants and offer holders. There are a lot of COVID related queries addressed on this page, based on the current situation.

I really hope this helps, and if you have any further questions at all please let me know!

Best wishes,
Danielle
Film and Television Studies
Reply 3
Hi,I've just sent off my application, and UEA is my top choice. I'm applying for liberal arts, and the A levels I did were Philosophy, Psychology and English Lang Lit. Really looking forward to (hopefully) studying here!
Reply 4
Hi there
Ive received an offer from UEA however I would like to know about any UEA students experience at UEA and the pros and cons of living and studying there . I would love to hear specifically from Business / Marketing management students
Recieved an offer to do Biomedicine. Pray that everyone applying gets the best grades and an offer 🙏🏾
Original post by P3rdy
Hi,I've just sent off my application, and UEA is my top choice. I'm applying for liberal arts, and the A levels I did were Philosophy, Psychology and English Lang Lit. Really looking forward to (hopefully) studying here!

Hey @P3rdy :smile:

Ah that is so exciting! Wishing you the very best of luck with your applications, we look forward to hopefully having you study here too! What made you choose UEA as your top choice?

Danielle
Original post by nathan.la
Recieved an offer to do Biomedicine. Pray that everyone applying gets the best grades and an offer 🙏🏾

Hey @nathan.la :smile:

Congratulations on your offer to study Biomedicine here with us! That is amazing news. If you have any questions at all about being a student in Norwich please feel free to let me know. So pleased for you!

Danielle
Original post by Jas2357
Hi there
Ive received an offer from UEA however I would like to know about any UEA students experience at UEA and the pros and cons of living and studying there . I would love to hear specifically from Business / Marketing management students

Hey @Jas2357 :smile:

Congratulations on your offer to study here with us at UEA, that is amazing! I'm not a business/marketing management student but thought I'd share my insight as a student here with you anyway. Pros of studying at UEA and living in Norwich for me personally I would say is the sense of community and the beautiful campus. We have 50+ acres of lovely parkland and walks, and a stunning lake which is something I particularly really like. We also have an extensive list of societies which you can find here! I know a lot of of my friends really enjoy our on campus live music venue/nightclub, The LCR too.
I also really like how close we are to the beach, places like Great Yarmouth, Cromer, and Lowestoft are all a 30-45 minute train journey away!

I can't really think of any cons myself, but hopefully someone studying business/market management can come and give you a more specific insight of their experience studying and living here. If you have any particular questions about UEA or living in Norwich then please do feel free to let me know, and congratulations again!

Best wishes,
Danielle
Reply 9
Original post by P3rdy

Hi @P3rdy, best of luck with your application. I just started Liberal Arts at UEA last September, and really enjoying it. If you have any questions about the course, happy to help. :smile:
I applied (back in spetember) and have an offer for Geography with a placement year. My offer is BBB becuase I got an A* in my EPQ!!
Reply 11
Original post by jantant
Hi @P3rdy, best of luck with your application. I just started Liberal Arts at UEA last September, and really enjoying it. If you have any questions about the course, happy to help. :smile:

Hi @jantant, Thank you! My questions are: What did you do as your major and minor, and did you feel like there was a community within everyone that took liberal arts, even though they are all studying different subjects?
Original post by oliviapig
I applied (back in spetember) and have an offer for Geography with a placement year. My offer is BBB becuase I got an A* in my EPQ!!

Hey @oliviapig :smile:

Congrats on your offer, that is amazing!!
Reply 13
I’ve applied to do media studies and I am hoping to make it my top choice.
Original post by University of East Anglia UG Student Rep: Danielle
Hey @oliviapig :smile:

Congrats on your offer, that is amazing!!

thank you!!
:smile::smile:
Hey everyone! I've recieved an offer for Liberal Arts at UEA with an offer of ABB. Does anyone have any experience of the course and what is it like? Congrats to everyone with offers! 🎉
I received an offer to study Politics.
Original post by Rherd
I’ve applied to do media studies and I am hoping to make it my top choice.

Hey @Rherd :smile:

That's great to hear, good luck with your application! I'm currently doing Film and Television studies (I'm aware some of the modules are the same as Media Studies) and I'm really enjoying it. If you have any questions at all feel free to let me know!

Danielle
Original post by marvelle2
Hey everyone! I've recieved an offer for Liberal Arts at UEA with an offer of ABB. Does anyone have any experience of the course and what is it like? Congrats to everyone with offers! 🎉

Hey @marvelle2 :smile:

Congratulations on your offer to study Liberal Arts, that's amazing! If you have any questions about UEA or being a student in Norwich at all, just let me know.

Danielle
Original post by nickelstwokay
I received an offer to study Politics.

Hey @nickelstwokay :smile:

Congratulations on the offer to study politics here at UEA! If you have any questions at all about being a student in Norwich just let me know.

Danielle

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending