The Student Room Group

The Realistic Economics League Table (Employment Prospects)

I have tried to compile a league table ( only top 13 so far) that is more focused on the best for employment prospects... do we agree or disagree?

Scroll to see replies

*facepalm* to the power 93.
Reply 2
I have problems with the order of your top 5. Cambridge must be #1 followed by Oxford, LSE, Warwick and UCL -- in that order.
Original post by Mr. Roxas
I have problems with the order of your top 5. Cambridge must be #1 followed by Oxford, LSE, Warwick and UCL -- in that order.

lol you mad bro?
Reply 4
Original post by Mr. Roxas

u use "must" to give ur opinion?:wink:
Reply 5
more or less agreeable! oh come on there's no need to be petty over differences of one or two places! We all know which universities form the top 3 or top 5.
Reply 6
isnt this just a complex way of trying to say LSE is better than Oxbridge?
Actually, you'll find the university of surrey has the highest employment level - although that is for all subjects, not just economics.
Reply 8
For Bath you said there is no information available, on their website it says there were 1200 applicants for 150 places.

I don't think Bristol actually has a ratio that high, it offers many other economics related classes including Economics and Econometrics, Economics and Finance, Economics and Maths etc etc. (I think you have got the total applications right but the total places should be much higher) If you're including Oxford on this list for E&M then you should for other courses at Bristol too
Reply 9
Why oh why did you not just type this stuff in on the search option?!

There's loads of people always talking about this...Birmingham Economics is better than Exeter Economics too. Exeter Economics, seriously?

LSE is the winner.
Reply 10
Original post by tateco
For Bath you said there is no information available, on their website it says there were 1200 applicants for 150 places.

I don't think Bristol actually has a ratio that high, it offers many other economics related classes including Economics and Econometrics, Economics and Finance, Economics and Maths etc etc. (I think you have got the total applications right but the total places should be much higher) If you're including Oxford on this list for E&M then you should for other courses at Bristol too

This.

This guy posts good stuff.
Reply 11
Original post by tateco

Fair point, I will mention this in the reform.
Reply 12
Original post by danny111
This.

This guy posts good stuff.

Aha, cheers :biggrin:
What criteria and methodology have you used to compile this table?

Or have you just made it up?
IB 'targets and semi-targets' ^
Did anyone else notice that Cambridge isn't at the top of the list
Are you an idiot?
Reply 16
Oxford only does E&M, so one might argue that it should not even be listed
I don't understand the point of this... it's basically just the same as TAELT. We all know the IB target universities and these are just the same as the top 5 in TAELT. You evidently have not used any interesting or new criteria to put this together, nor have you supplied any data to back these claims up.

/thread
Reply 18
It was always going to be controversial making a league table for a subject in-which the users feel strongly against league tables
The Realistic Premiership Table (prospects)

Man United
Arsenal
Liverpool
Chelsea
Tottenham
Man City
Everton
Aston Villa
Newcastle
Fulham
Sunderland
Bolton