The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
xXx~Fran~xXx
hiya

Good luck for all your interviews. Emma, i also have an interview at East Anglia. When is yours? Mine is on the 18th Jan.

I have done some work experience and i think that uni's do like to see that you are enthusiastic about doing the course and that you definatly know that it is what you want to do.

I had my Sheffield interview on the 4th Jan and really would like to know whether i have got in! They said we wouldnt hear for about 6-8 weeks though which is kinda annoyin!!

xxx

Fran, just read your interview for coventry is tomorrow, mines tomorrow at Hallam... Good luck :O)
Dolly x
i havent asked for feedback yet, but am going to. I think its basically because i didnt talk as much as i should have done in the group interview. So make sure you all talk a lot! There was two girls that mostly dominated it, which i felt made it alot harder. Although, i did put quite a few points across. I feel that if thats why they rejected me then they must have rejected a lot of people in the same interview as me as a lot of them hardly said anything.

Anyway, i had an interview at East Anglia today, which was an 20 minute individual interview which seemed to go so much better. So fingers crossed! Hope all your interviews are coming along fine x
Reply 22
xXx~Fran~xXx
hey

ive got my interview for sheffield hallam tomorrow and am really scared! In the letter they didnt say whether it would be a group or individual interview, but by your responses im guessing its more likely to be a group one. What did you wear to yours?

My interview for Coventry is on the 28th.

Hi Fran,
Please could you give me an insight, to how your Interview went at Hallam, I have mine on the 22nd Feb 2006. Did you have a group interview or 1 to 1 ?
thanks Gina.
Reply 23
HI
I have got my OT interview for Derby uni. Please could anyone give me any pointers, I have been told in my letter that I will attend a group interview during the afternoon !!!!!! Please advise
hi Gina,

If you read above i have already posted about my Hallam interview.

I have my derby interview on the 10th Feb, when is yours?
Reply 25
do any unis for ot give you offers without having an interview, if yes which ones?
as i am going to apply for it next year, would like to apply for mayb at least one that you dont need an interview at just incase i dont do well in the interviews? x
well ive applied to 6 and i all of those have required me to go for an interview. Im not sure about any other uni's though, sorry x
Reply 27
I've applied for 6 and 2 have given me offers they were Oxford Brookes and Brunel. I think it really depends on your personal statment and your predicted grades, more than which uni's offer and which do interviews.
Well ive been told that the reason most uni's interview you is because it is an NHS course, where you are working with the public. So they need to assess your communication skills and generally see if you are good enough. That is why the majority of healthcare applicants are interviewed, whereas people applying for other subjects such as Business studies are less likely to be.

However, obviously not all uni's interview healthcare applicants as it is their individual choice as to whether to do so or not.
Reply 29
ah rite thank you, which 6 unis have you both applied to, saw that you appplied to sheffiled hallam and coventry, which others?
x
Reply 30
I've applied to:
Oxford Brookes
Brunel
Sheffield
Bristol
Plymouth
East Anglia
Coventry
Sheffield
East Anglia
Bournemouth
Canterbury
Derby
Reply 32
Thank you :smile:
the ones i'd apply to would be out of:
- Sheffield
- coventry
- derby
- liverpool
- salford
-bradford
- cardiff
- bristol
- st martins

*any of them better than others, or some of them worse? dont know which 6 i'd choose!?*

sorri for asking so many questions as well :embrassed:
x
Reply 33
Well the ones you listed seem pretty good, can't say which ones to go for as I haven't been to them. I would say Oxford Brookes is pretty good but im just bias cos i got an offer and I went to visit and loved it there.

Thats ok about asking questions don't feel embrassed. ;D
well, like Emma i cant really comment either considering ive only been to Sheffield, Derby and Coventry on that list. However, i liked all of those 3.

Just try and go to as many open days as possible before you complete your UCAS form and this should help your decision x
Hey everyone,

How are all your interviews going? I hope your all getting on ok! i had my Coventry interview today, which seemed to go so much better then the Sheffield Hallam one. To be honest, i think the Hallam interviews arent very good and very unfair. However, my Coventry group interview today seemed to be alot fairer and everyone actually had the chance to speak.

Got my last 2 - Derby and Canterbury on the 8th and 10th of Feb then im all done! I hate all this waiting though!

I dont spose anyone knows if Bournemouth interview do you? As ive been asked to give them a referee of a place i did some work experience, who can give them a reference. Im hoping that means that they are not going to ask me for an interview as well.

xx
Reply 36
xXx~Fran~xXx
Hey everyone,

How are all your interviews going? I hope your all getting on ok! i had my Coventry interview today, which seemed to go so much better then the Sheffield Hallam one. To be honest, i think the Hallam interviews arent very good and very unfair. However, my Coventry group interview today seemed to be alot fairer and everyone actually had the chance to speak.

Got my last 2 - Derby and Canterbury on the 8th and 10th of Feb then im all done! I hate all this waiting though!

I dont spose anyone knows if Bournemouth interview do you? As ive been asked to give them a referee of a place i did some work experience, who can give them a reference. Im hoping that means that they are not going to ask me for an interview as well.

xx

Helo Fran glad your coventry interview went ok :smile: I think thats going to be one im going to apply to next year, as i went to there open day and reli like it there. what sort of things did they ask you in the group interview/what did you have to talk about in it?
Let me know how your derby one goes to, as thats another i quite fancy going to as well
thank u xx
yeh i really like coventry as well, if i get in which i really hope i do i think thats going to be my top choice.

The interviews were structered better then Sheffield. Basically there was about 20-25 of us split into 3 groups in the same room. We had to write down the answers to a question e.g. what different areas do OT's work and then we swapped with another group and answered their questions too. We then got asked 2 individual questions like what quality we have that links into OT and what area of OT we wanted to go into. The whole group were then put together and we were asked to discuss what 3 main qualities we thought an OT must have. So all in all it wasnt too bad. At least we didnt have to fight to speak like in Sheffield.

xxx
Reply 38
Had my interview for OT at coventry on the 31st Jan, just read on Ucas track this morning I have a conditional offer, phew!! Being 'sent to Coventry' never felt so good!!! Good luck all those with interviews coming up.

Dena
congrats! i too have a conditional offer from them :smile: i had my interview on the 28th jan though and was told yesterday. Im so relieved, as its my first one i have heard back from besides Sheffield which was a rejection.

What other interviews do you have?

xxx

Latest