The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Omniscient, benevolent, perfectly free creator. Plausibility quotient 1.0. Problem solved surely. What else does God need?
Reply 2
From the site:
What kind of God is that!?

The metaphysical engineers are happy to report that, to the best of their knowledge, the God you conceive is internally consistent and could exist in our universe. But they are less sure that what you have described deserves the name of God. She is not, for example, all-powerful. A God which knows everything or is totally benign may be a wonderful ideal, but is she really a God unless she has ultimate power?

We suspect that your God is not the traditional God of the Christian, Jewish or Muslim faiths

Reply 3
Your God is omnipotent (all-powerful, able to do anything), omnibenevolent (all-loving) and omniscient (all-knowing).
So why is there all this suffering? If God cannot prevent it, it would seem she is not all-powerful. If God doesn't want to stop it, it would seem she is not all-loving. If God doesn't know about it, she can't be all-knowing."

Okay- so first of all, I consider myself agnostic. So I think that if there is a God, He created the world and is just letting everything be. Without the suffering no one would know what happiness was.

Your God is omnipotent (all-powerful, able to do anything), omnibenevolent (all-loving) and a perfectly free agent.
If perfectly free, then God could choose whatever she wants. Nothing could stop this because God is omnipotent. But this God is also all-loving. It seems to the engineers that such a God could never choose to do something which is unloving. It is not that God just chooses not to do such things, rather that God's nature as omnibenevolent constrains what she can do. In other words, God does not have the freedom and/or the power to do something unloving.

Okay, so the "metaphysical engineers" answered their own question there. God chooses not to do those things- I think that's bull that the "omnibenevolence" constrains God. 0_o

----

Thanks for giving me a distraction from homework. ^_^
Reply 4
Plausibility Quotient = 1.0

The metaphysical engineers have determined that your conception of God has a plausibility quotient (PQ) of 1.0. A PQ of 1.0 means that as far as the metaphysical engineers can determine your conception of God is internally consistent and consistent with the universe that we live in. A PQ of 0.0 means that it is neither internally consistent nor consistent with our universe.

What kind of God is that!?

The metaphysical engineers are happy to report that, to the best of their knowledge, the God you conceive is internally consistent and could exist in our universe. But they are less sure that what you have described deserves the name of God. She is not, for example, all-powerful. A God which knows everything or is totally benign may be a wonderful ideal, but is she really a God unless she has ultimate power?

We suspect that your God is not the traditional God of the Christian, Jewish or Muslim faiths.
Reply 5
I selected none of the options and it said that my view of God is completely consistant with the known universe. Guess it is obvious I am a scientist! :p:
Reply 6
poohbear
"Do-It-Yourself Deity - Can you construct the perfect God? We somehow doubt it!"

http://www.philosophersnet.com/games/whatisgod.htm

This is great fun.
So are the other philosophical games on this site

i dont think that anyone can construct the perfect god. some would argue that they cant knowing that god created them. well you can try to construct the perfect god if you want to...

Latest

Trending

Trending