The Student Room Group
Reply 1
You have already handed it in, I presume?
Reply 2
yes
Reply 3
It's 25% of your final grade, keep it in perspective. If it's excellent I don't think it's such a problem, but if marks are dropped it won't be many.
Reply 4
NEED-A*
I have gone over the coursework word limit by 1500 words, how seriosly will this affect my overall gcse coursework grade.

--------------

Also is there any chance of an A* if the work is literally excellent

Tremendously, you are unlikely to get an A*.
Reply 5
Hmmm I didn't think there was a word limit at GCSE? Did your teacher tell you there was one? If not then don't worry, If so they should have told you how much you would be penealised by? I'm pretty sure with my GCSE coursework I didnt have a word limit but i was on AQA what board are you on?
I *think* the most they can do is not give you full marks, but it really depends on the exam board.
My Mum is a history teacher and we both saw this. She thinks you should tell your teacher and talk to her about it. It is the only true way of knowing. It depends whether the extra words stop the essay from being concise and well written to some degree.
It depends on what your word limit was, really. You should probably be allowed 10% over, but not longer than that - there's a danger of appearing to be rambling on.

Latest

Trending

Trending