The Student Room Group

Does anyone have any tips of how to achieve an A* in History A level coursework?

I got given some choices about what I can do for my history coursework next year and I prep for it over the summer, and I would love to know what I can do to achieve an A*

The topics I have to pick from is :
Russian Revolution Feb 1917 being caused from War, Probation on economic depression (either Russian revolution or prohibition is the one I'm choosing between) Witchcraft in Britain 17th C, or the Chartists

If anyone could know how I could do well in the coursework, I would really appreciate it. Thanks
Hi there! Apparently I did very well in the OCR history coursework (although take this with a pinch of salt as I haven't had my result back yet), and I did the Witchcraze of the 1640s. Here are a few things I wish I'd known:

- Don't pick something too broad! Choose a specific period or battle or single event rather than say the whole history of witchcraft in a particular century. Even with my relatively focused topic the word count can get very out of hand if you're aiming for a high grade.

- Stock up loads on historian's interpretations i.e. opinions on the evidence. Use a lot more than you'd think. Use them whenever you make an argument, and argue with or against them.

I'd be happy to send you my coursework as a reference :smile: or at least the bibliography
Reply 2
Original post by TinySheep
Hi there! Apparently I did very well in the OCR history coursework (although take this with a pinch of salt as I haven't had my result back yet), and I did the Witchcraze of the 1640s. Here are a few things I wish I'd known:

- Don't pick something too broad! Choose a specific period or battle or single event rather than say the whole history of witchcraft in a particular century. Even with my relatively focused topic the word count can get very out of hand if you're aiming for a high grade.

- Stock up loads on historian's interpretations i.e. opinions on the evidence. Use a lot more than you'd think. Use them whenever you make an argument, and argue with or against them.

I'd be happy to send you my coursework as a reference :smile: or at least the bibliography
Hiii, I'm also doing witchcraft but its focused on England, Scotland and Mainland Europe between 1560 and 1620. If possible could send your course work as a reference please?

Quick Reply

Latest