The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

What kind of offers do Ravensbourne make?

Went for an interview two weeks ago for the Film Production course. It went very well but still not heard from them. I am currently doing a BTEC diploma in media and I have some other A level grades. Ravensbourne is my top choice but just wondering what kind of offers do they make?? I am hoping they will make a low offer like a pass. Anyone been accepted there?
ones you cannot refuse.
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Reply 2
like a low offer? Cos my portfolio was good but tbh my grades arent that high...
Normally they will ask for what they state the entry requirements to be in their prospectus.
Im going to Nottingham so i dont know much about Ravenbourne but i believe most uni's do this.
If your portfolio is good enough u could get an unconditional offer.
Ravensbourne generally give quite high offers. I'm on their foundation and everyone on my course has been given conditional offers of a Merit (Foundation is marked Pass, Merit, Distinction).
Reply 5
Really? I already have a few A levels so will that help? When I went for the interview they said my work was 'impressive' and were going to recommend me for a place. Apparently there is a good chance of me getting in so I hope that means they will make me a low offer. By merit do you mean MMM? Cos my grades are MPP at the moment and my previous A levels are at an A and a B....
Because Ravensbourne is a creative institution were most course are (at least largely) vocational, the offers can vary wildly depending on how you perform at interview, the quality of your portfolio and your previous grades.

If you impress at interview and with your portfolio, have evidence of being able to cope with the expected work, etc you are likely to get a much lower offer - essentially the same as giving you an unconditional. It's their way of saying "we want you"

If you show potential, but need to improve a bit before the course, they're likely to give you an offer more in line with your predicted grades.

And so on
Reply 7
I have been given an offer today to UAL Foundation Diploma in Art and Design (Design and Media). Anyone else? (:
Original post by jsoul
I have been given an offer today to UAL Foundation Diploma in Art and Design (Design and Media). Anyone else? (:

Congrats :smile: what was the application process like? I want to apply to their foundation diploma in Media Production, but I don't have a portfolio... what was your experience?
Reply 9
I got into Ravensbourne, after my interview a week ago. Im currently doing a Foundation in Art and Design, and all Rave asked for was a Pass on my foundation.

Hope this helps. x
Original post by Moooooooose
Ravensbourne generally give quite high offers. I'm on their foundation and everyone on my course has been given conditional offers of a Merit (Foundation is marked Pass, Merit, Distinction).

Hey, I know this is a tad unrelated to the thread but I have an offer for ravensbourne foundation course and I was just wondering as you are on it, what is the course like? Is there anything particularly bad about it?

Original post by Quiet Heartbeats
Hey, I know this is a tad unrelated to the thread but I have an offer for ravensbourne foundation course and I was just wondering as you are on it, what is the course like? Is there anything particularly bad about it?

Umm if you will see when this thread is dated, and if you know anything about a foundation course (that it's only a year long) you would have realised I finished a long time ago.
Original post by Quiet Heartbeats

I feel I have to post to assure you not everyone on Ravensbourne's foundation courses are a dickhead like this guy...

Foundation is great just a shame theres no fine art pathway, if you have any leaning towards pursuing art, steer clear.

Original post by Moooooooose
Umm if you will see when this thread is dated, and if you know anything about a foundation course (that it's only a year long) you would have realised I finished a long time ago.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending