The Student Room Group

AQA A PSYA1 25th May 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Do you think that they might ask a 12 mark question on:

Ainsworth's findings -eg Strange situation, Maternal sensitivity Hypothesis and Attachment types. My psychology teacher says there is not enough to ask a 12 marker on it but there seems like quite a lot of stuff and she is mentioned in the specification.

Also could they ask a 12 or 6 mark question on memory improvement because there isn't really that much for it.

I find it quite difficult to know how much detail we should know each topic in as the specification is so vague...
To all those struggling with revision, I'd suggest trying some past papers from the AQA website and subsequently looking at the mark schemes and examiner notes.

I find it far more effective than just reading from the book. This way; you get a feel for what questions they might ask, as well as what type of answer they're looking for.
Reply 42
Original post by alienshex

I'm pretty much in the same situation as you! need an a for uni but i'm hoping i can cram and blag it coz its not as hard as a2.

sameeeeeeeee
it seems like the amount you learn for a2 is nothing compared to as, so hoping that my experience from this year will aid me for the retake.

btw not trying to put off anyone from a2 ......haha
Reply 43
Original post by xRainbowx

Original post by xRainbowx
Do you think that they might ask a 12 mark question on:

Ainsworth's findings -eg Strange situation, Maternal sensitivity Hypothesis and Attachment types. My psychology teacher says there is not enough to ask a 12 marker on it but there seems like quite a lot of stuff and she is mentioned in the specification.

Also could they ask a 12 or 6 mark question on memory improvement because there isn't really that much for it.

I find it quite difficult to know how much detail we should know each topic in as the specification is so vague...

no i highly doubt it, that question would just involve you identifying and explaining the topic at hand. not really much to evaluate, which what the examiners really tend to focus on for these AS exams

and i know what you mean about the vagueness. make sure you understand the topic, so don't feel the need to learn it off by heart that way you get more in. but learn the evaluation, like mentioned before make sure you're able to elaborate on it. i'm sure everyone here will do fine
Reply 44
Does anyone know if the multi store model has been asked for the 12 marker yet? Praying it'll be this one...
Reply 45

Does anyone know if the multi store model has been asked for the 12 marker yet? Praying it'll be this one...

i think that was in the last exam?
or was that working memory model..? not too sure, but it was one of the model on memory
i am reallllllly gutted i didn't do it in january because it was super easy
Daycare Development
Institutonalisation
Privation
Attachment Theorys (Outline evaluate them all or a specific one - Maybe Bowlbys theory )

is this in the syllabus? Because there's nothing about any of this in my text book..and my teacher never mentioned about it..:colondollar:
Reply 47
It was the WMM in January this year so thats gone - I think the Multi-store model is a possibility or something about EWT...if its institutionalisation im going to be pissed off..

I hope its something easy like the multi-store model..god that would just make my day..

I hope this one is just as easy as the January one was..god..I need an A in this..

I would even be happy with attachment theorys...bowlbys and learning theory i have memorised like the back of my hand..
hei..mephestic..is there any mention of the institutionalisation in your textbook?
Reply 49
Original post by brickingit
i think that was in the last exam?
or was that working memory model..? not too sure, but it was one of the model on memory
i am reallllllly gutted i didn't do it in january because it was super easy

noo, that was in january. samee, :frown: i was actually debating whether to do it in january or not but decided against it...:angry:
Can someone help me answer this question it is 3marks

sally has no problem remembering landline numbers while she dials them but if she to call a mobile, she cannot seem to remember the number and often has to start again. Using your knowlege of stm explain why this is?

Help!!!!!
Reply 51
Original post by justincredible1
Can someone help me answer this question it is 3marks

sally has no problem remembering landline numbers while she dials them but if she to call a mobile, she cannot seem to remember the number and often has to start again. Using your knowlege of stm explain why this is?

Help!!!!!

Talk about the STM has only a 30 second duration and that she has to rehearse the number in her head for her to remember the number, sorry if this doesn't help, but it might do lol :P
Original post by Hunter1000
Talk about the STM has only a 30 second duration and that she has to rehearse the number in her head for her to remember the number, sorry if this doesn't help, but it might do lol :P

i know that but i don't understand why it makes a difference about the numbers i was thinking about the numbers being acoustically similar which causes confusion but i feel that i am going off track
Reply 53
Original post by justincredible1
i know that but i don't understand why it makes a difference about the numbers i was thinking about the numbers being acoustically similar which causes confusion but i feel that i am going off track

Yes I'm not sure about that, I honestly haven't heard about anything like that, It may have been to do with something about landline numbers have the same area code (in the same area) so then she would only have to remember the last 6 digits (and the magic number seven rule says that people can remeber 7 + or - 2 so she would be able to remember the last 6 digits with ease) and that would explain why she can't remember mobile numbers as there are 11 digits

Hope that makes sense, if not tell met he exam it's from or textbook, i can help find the answers/mark scheme :smile:
Original post by Hunter1000
Yes I'm not sure about that, I honestly haven't heard about anything like that, It may have been to do with something about landline numbers have the same area code (in the same area) so then she would only have to remember the last 6 digits (and the magic number seven rule says that people can remeber 7 + or - 2 so she would be able to remember the last 6 digits with ease) and that would explain why she can't remember mobile numbers as there are 11 digits

Hope that makes sense, if not tell met he exam it's from or textbook, i can help find the answers/mark scheme :smile:

Thanks mate i think it is the magic number seven rule, have you done alot of revision for the exam
Reply 55
Original post by Shinigam_Newtype
What books are you people revising from? Are there any extremely useful ones you can recommend? I'm using the AQA Psychology A book.

I'm using a CGP one to revise, it's okay but the case studies are different to the ones I've learnt :/
Original post by meibunny
I'm using a CGP one to revise, it's okay but the case studies are different to the ones I've learnt :/

The mini companion is in my opinion the best book to use for revision. Has anyone seem or got the exam companion, it's £11 but thinking of getting it, supposed to have a lot of practice exam questions and model answers
Original post by sally12379823
The mini companion is in my opinion the best book to use for revision. Has anyone seem or got the exam companion, it's £11 but thinking of getting it, supposed to have a lot of practice exam questions and model answers

could you post the practice exam questions and model answers please
Reply 58
Hi, My teacher suspects the MSM she said that its close to the WMM, she also said it depends on how people did in past years (the ones that people did **** in are likely to come up again) oh and also my teacher was an examiner soo she knows her ****.

As for the book, my school provided us with 'The Complete Companion' but it is absolute Bull****! i bought the 'student unit guide Philip Allan' great book it gets to the point and its written exactly to the AQA spec!

This is my first time sitting the paper and i am pissing myself my teacher keeps telling my how amazingly i am going to do however, she has no proof and i really dont want to let her down (my teachers get F***** in my school if the class doesn't do well) and she is a great teacher there is just HEEEEPS to learn. :frown:
Reply 59
Original post by Alexis Leong
hei..mephestic..is there any mention of the institutionalisation in your textbook?

Hey,

Yes its in my textbook; Im using this book :

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/0340966726/ref=asc_df_03409667262934948?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&tag=googlecouk06-21&linkCode=asn&creative=22206&creativeASIN=0340966726

I hope its the multi store model...that would be just nice and perfect..

EWT, Daycare and Privation seem to play a big role in my textbook..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending