The Student Room Group

UCAS Drive Me Crazy

"If your offer is conditional you must achieve what the university or college requires to gain the place offered. If the conditions are shown as grades, marks or completion of current course then you offer refers only to qualifications you are currently taking. Qualifications listed as completed on your application cannot be used to meet these conditions."
- Official UCAS offer letter.

Anyone else see a problem with the last sentence? :eek:
Reply 1
ailuros
"If your offer is conditional you must achieve what the university or college requires to gain the place offered. If the conditions are shown as grades, marks or completion of current course then you offer refers only to qualifications you are currently taking. Qualifications listed as completed on your application cannot be used to meet these conditions."
- Official UCAS offer letter.

Anyone else see a problem with the last sentence? :eek:

No not really
Reply 2
No what are you on about?
Reply 3
all it means is for example.. if you already have an A in maths, a university who typically gives out offers of AAB.. cannot use maths anymore, so it becomes AB << the offer they'd give
Reply 4
I have an offer of ABBc, I'm not taking an extra AS level this year!
All it means is that if you're applying post qualification, but for some strange reason, you get a conditional offer - it means you have to sit some more exams, I guess!
Reply 6
umm...
Reply 7
shinyhappy
All it means is that if you're applying post qualification, but for some strange reason, you get a conditional offer - it means you have to sit some more exams, I guess!

I got a conditional offer that wanted less than I already have! :p: (think it was a mistake though and they mistook my A2s for ASs).
basically you can't use what you've already got because they made the condition so 'low' because they know of the existing achievements
I need 260 points to get into my course at John Moores.

I'm in my second year of college doing 3 A2's and last year I did 4 A/S one of which I obviously dropped which was a C in media.

So effectively, are they saying that my C in media becomes useless in the context of getting UCAS points? Do they mean that only qualifactions that I'm actually sitting at the moment IE my A2 will count for entry?

If so that's ****ing ridiculous, I wasn't the best Media student but I did my work and I don't see the point in sitting an A/S level for the hell of it when UCAS won't even awknowledge it in terms of qualifaction for Universitys.

Bloody daft.
Reply 9
Joshytoohotty
I need 260 points to get into my course at John Moores.

I'm in my second year of college doing 3 A2's and last year I did 4 A/S one of which I obviously dropped which was a C in media.

So effectively, are they saying that my C in media becomes useless in the context of getting UCAS points? Do they mean that only qualifactions that I'm actually sitting at the moment IE my A2 will count for entry?

If so that's ****ing ridiculous, I wasn't the best Media student but I did my work and I don't see the point in sitting an A/S level for the hell of it when UCAS won't even awknowledge it in terms of qualifaction for Universitys.

Bloody daft.
How is this UCAS's fault? It's the universities who set entry requirements, not UCAS.

Your C at AS, as far as I know, will definately count for UCAS points. It's up to the university if they want you to get 260 points in total or 260 from the A2s you're doing now.

Latest

Trending

Trending