The Student Room Group

Going to Uni

I got into university last year 2023 but i declined the offer due to me being nervous and so I decided to take a gap year. I am thinking about applying for this year 2024 but i’m not too sure on whether I have to reapply again or talk to university I applied for and got in.

Does anyone have any advice?
Original post by kookyseahorse05
I got into university last year 2023 but i declined the offer due to me being nervous and so I decided to take a gap year. I am thinking about applying for this year 2024 but i’m not too sure on whether I have to reapply again or talk to university I applied for and got in.
Does anyone have any advice?

Hiya 👋

Hope you're having a good gap year 😊

You say you declined the offer last year so you will probably need to reapply. If you had done a deferred entry then your offer would hopefully still be valid. Best to contact the uni either way to see if you need to reapply.

Also, you can get in touch with UCAS to see what your options are. At this stage for applications you also have UCAS Extra, or clearing in the summer.

Best of luck!
Essex Student Rep - Hayley
You’ll definitely need to reapply unless you specifically deferred your offer.
Did you defer your place (change your entry year to 2024) - or decline that place (cancel it at UCAS)?
Original post by McGinger
Did you defer your place (change your entry year to 2024) - or decline that place (cancel it at UCAS)?

I don’t even remember what I did but I checked my emails, it says my place has been declined and that I was released into clearing.
Original post by Admit-One
You’ll definitely need to reapply unless you specifically deferred your offer.

Is it harder to reapply to different unis? I missed out on 2 uni spots because my college teacher forgot to send forms in for me and she took quite a while with them.
I don’t even remember what I did but I checked my emails, it says my place has been declined and that I was released into clearing.

Then you have no place for 2024 and you will have to reapply.
Just be aware that you have left this very late and many courses are already closed.
Original post by EssexStudentRep
Hiya 👋
Hope you're having a good gap year 😊
You say you declined the offer last year so you will probably need to reapply. If you had done a deferred entry then your offer would hopefully still be valid. Best to contact the uni either way to see if you need to reapply.
Also, you can get in touch with UCAS to see what your options are. At this stage for applications you also have UCAS Extra, or clearing in the summer.
Best of luck!
Essex Student Rep - Hayley

Hi,
Thank you very much, I’ve been spending my gap year as a healthcare assistant, learning how to drive and saving quite a lot of money. I think the most that scared me the first time applying to uni was the financial debt I would be in and handling academic stress as I overthink and worry quite a lot. Would you say that it is easier to apply independently or should I not try to go to uni at all? What is UCAS Extra? How would i apply for clearing in the summer?

Thank you very much for your reply🫶🏾
Hi,
Thank you very much, I’ve been spending my gap year as a healthcare assistant, learning how to drive and saving quite a lot of money. I think the most that scared me the first time applying to uni was the financial debt I would be in and handling academic stress as I overthink and worry quite a lot. Would you say that it is easier to apply independently or should I not try to go to uni at all? What is UCAS Extra? How would i apply for clearing in the summer?

Thank you very much for your reply🫶🏾

You don't need UCAS Extra yet - if you start an application now you will have five choices. What course are you interested in?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending