edit2: have neg-repped today.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    Want

• 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oh my Ms. Coffey)
    Want

Someone should make the most of it being the final day(s) of the All Saints sale then...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I'm about to get my first pair of brogues and I'd like to have them as casual as possible.
    I have to say I love the ones from Jack Wills (I'm guessing I'll get flamed for this ):
    Spoiler:
    Show

I also think these ones are pretty good:
    Spoiler:
    Show

Also, what do you think of those moccasins?
    Spoiler:
    Show

• 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    1st is pretty bad for what I imagine to be a quite expensive pair of shoes.
    2nd look nice.
    3rd are vile sand slappers what school kids are forced to wear.

----------------

Had my interview in Gieves. Back for the second interview on Wednesday
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by freefrag)
    Hey guys, I'm about to get my first pair of brogues and I'd like to have them as casual as possible.
    I have to say I love the ones from Jack Wills (I'm guessing I'll get flamed for this ):
    Spoiler:
    Show

Spoiler:
    Show

Spoiler:
    Show

The JW one are nearing £200. Do not ever spend that much money on a pair of shoes from JW. I actually don't mind their clothes and own a few things from Aubin and Wills but when you're paying so much for a pair of shoes without knowing the quality is going to be top notch I'd be wary. If you're going to be spending that much I'd seriously consider attempting to find some Church's or the likes in the sales / outlet stores (Bicester is a prime example) - although may be a tad too formal.

The second pair seem ok, although once again I'd be worried about the quality - if the price is right however they seem fine..

As for the moccasins - I don't agree with Mess - think they're great - although I'm biased as I own a pair of very similar ones from Tod's which have essentially become a pair of slippers because they're so soft. Such loafers work well with shorts and that sort've style is pretty classic if you ask me.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by freefrag)
    Spoiler:
    Show

Spoiler:
    Show

Spoiler:
    Show

If you're willing to spend that much on the JW shoes, you may as well fork out a bit extra for these stunners http://www.paulsmith.co.uk/shop/paul...5/product.html <3
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Lol I get some really funny looks whilst wearing these...what do you guys think?
    http://store.nike.com/gb/en_gb/?cp=E...42/pgid-413070
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by batboy113)
    Lol I get some really funny looks whilst wearing these...what do you guys think?
    http://store.nike.com/gb/en_gb/?cp=E...42/pgid-413070
    :yucky:
    They look awful IMO
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by badger-man)
    :yucky:
    They look awful IMO
    LOL I have 3 pairs aswell, all in different colours (gold, silver and blue).lol once I wore one silver and one gold. You should have seen the amount of strange looks I was getting....
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    LOL I have 3 pairs aswell, all in different colours (gold, silver and blue).lol once I wore one silver and one gold. You should have seen the amount of strange looks I was getting....
    That sounds horrific. Sorry but the only value your shoes have is as doorstops or part of a fancy dress costume.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Yep, it's a good thing you're not the one that wears them than.....
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Seriously though guys, If a really well known celebrity wore my shoes, EVERYONE would go out straight away and buy them.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GunnerMT)
    Just bought my first pair of trainers in about 2 years, so this is what comfort feels like:

I think adidas has really caught on to something great with this Ransom range. Minimalistic trainers in loads of good colour-ways.
    (Original post by paddy)
    Not to mention they don't have those bloody chavtastic stripes on them :yy:
    are those ok with black jeans?

what would go best with black jeans, somehting casual?
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    Seriously though guys, If a really well known celebrity wore my shoes, EVERYONE would go out straight away and buy them.
    Everyone who was retarded/colourblind/13 maybe. Sorry but I have NEVER bought clothes/shoes because I saw someone famous wearing them, I only wear/buy what I like and what suits me and my own style.

I mean my God, have you ever stopped to actually look at those trainers you own? Even Chris Brown wouldn't wear those, and he had literally no style.

Oh and FYI only *******s emulate the style of rappers :fyi:

(Original post by Norfolk_Enchance)
    are those ok with black jeans?

what would go best with black jeans, somehting casual?
    I wouldn't tbh, too much black going on there.

It depends on the whole outfit really, but I would avoid brown (especially dark brown).
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your advice

(Original post by Mess.)
    1st is pretty bad for what I imagine to be a quite expensive pair of shoes.
    2nd look nice.
    3rd are vile sand slappers what school kids are forced to wear.

----------------

Had my interview in Gieves. Back for the second interview on Wednesday
    Just like Jimi I think the moccasins would look good with any shorter chinos and they look extremely comfy as well. What do you suggest instead?

(Original post by Jimi Haze)
    The JW one are nearing £200. Do not ever spend that much money on a pair of shoes from JW. I actually don't mind their clothes and own a few things from Aubin and Wills but when you're paying so much for a pair of shoes without knowing the quality is going to be top notch I'd be wary. If you're going to be spending that much I'd seriously consider attempting to find some Church's or the likes in the saes / outlet stores (Bicester is a prime example) - although may be a tad too formal.

The second pair seem ok, although once again I'd be worried about the quality - if the price is right however they seem fine..

As for the moccasins - I don't agree with Mess - think they're great - although I'm biased as I own a pair of very similar ones from Tod's which have essentially become a pair of slippers because they're so soft. Such loafers work well with shorts and that sort've style is pretty classic if you ask me.
    Wow, the church's brogues are amazing, I think I could go for something like this
    Spoiler:
    Show

As for the second pair, it's priced at 60 pounds on Asos (down from 100) http://www.asos.com/Gibson/Gibson-Ti...-1&clr=WaxyTan
    However I'm a bit weary of buying clothes online, I'd rather go try them on in the store.

(Original post by Killer_bees)
    If you're willing to spend that much on the JW shoes, you may as well fork out a bit extra for these stunners http://www.paulsmith.co.uk/shop/paul-smith-mens-shoes-390/paul-smith-shoes-miller-brogue-sdxc-a028-wsh-s25/product.html &lt;3
    I like their look, but I think they're a bit darker than what I'm looking for. I don't think I'd have anything to wear them with.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Forget the Hudson ones, I want these now we're back onto the brogue talk. If anyone could find them a bit cheaper I'd greatly appreciate it.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    No, because that's what morons with no sense do. I don't want those shoes because, in my opinion, they look awful. No amount of celebrity endorsement would change that, severe brain damage might though :mmm:.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    doesn't detract from the fact that you have atrocious taste.

'celebrities' also wear this:

jack***
Updated: May 30, 2012
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.