The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

BEconSc L102 Study Abroad

I'm probably going to firm L102 at manc. But I do want to be able to study abroad, and I know they don't let you do Erasmus. I heard you can do half your second year abroad though.

Go on then, any experiences of studying abroad under L102 at manc?

cheers.
Original post by greebo-man
I'm probably going to firm L102 at manc. But I do want to be able to study abroad, and I know they don't let you do Erasmus. I heard you can do half your second year abroad though.

Go on then, any experiences of studying abroad under L102 at manc?

cheers.

On the (exactly) same boat and...hey, nice to see you again :colondollar:

I would greatly appreciate if someone can share information about studying abroad (thinking of HKU)
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
Original post by asabashoyuki
On the (exactly) same boat and...hey, nice to see you again :colondollar:

I would greatly appreciate if someone can share information about studying abroad (thinking of HKU)

Hey man, good to hear from you again. Firmed manc, all right! Pretty sure i will too. Anyway i've been in touch with the uni and you can pretty much do six months in a non european university. Do you want me to forward you the list of places? A couple that caught my eye were this mexican one and an argentinian one. Pretty keen on getting my spanish up, so gonna try and get this down. I think HKU was there too, if by HKU you mean uni of hong kong? Yeah message back if you want the list.
Hey man, good to hear from you again. Firmed manc, all right! Pretty sure i will too. Anyway i've been in touch with the uni and you can pretty much do six months in a non european university. Do you want me to forward you the list of places? A couple that caught my eye were this mexican one and an argentinian one. Pretty keen on getting my spanish up, so gonna try and get this down. I think HKU was there too, if by HKU you mean uni of hong kong? Yeah message back if you want the list.

I'll probably see you next year then? :biggrin:

If the list is Econ-department-specified then definitely yes please, if not then no thanks as I know it's available on the school's website.

Yes, HKU is Uni of Hong Kong indeed and... wow, your aim is a bit maniac isn't it :colone:
sounds interesting though (thumbsup)

Thanks for replying.
Reply 4
Applied for the same course; hadnt a clue you couldnt do erasmus. what's the story with that?
Reply 5
Original post by triloko
Applied for the same course; hadnt a clue you couldnt do erasmus. what's the story with that?

When I raised it at the open day they pretty much said it was because of the academic rigour of the Bsc. I wasnt convinced but i guess its fair if they dont want us taking a year out of a pretty academic course to go dossing around in Europe. You can do Erasmus on the Ba, haha. There are higher ranked econ courses than manc in which you can Erazz though, so yeah :frown: might have to be eraz on masters then
Reply 6
Original post by asabashoyuki
I'll probably see you next year then? :biggrin:

If the list is Econ-department-specified then definitely yes please, if not then no thanks as I know it's available on the school's website.

Yes, HKU is Uni of Hong Kong indeed and... wow, your aim is a bit maniac isn't it :colone:
sounds interesting though (thumbsup)

Thanks for replying.

uhh yeah I dont think its econ-specific so I'll let it be. and yeah I just want to actually speak spanish for once in my life. Never been. 6 months would be nice.

could u send the list? are american unis up there? thanks
Reply 8
Original post by the_neg_master_
could u send the list? are american unis up there? thanks

http://www.manchester.ac.uk/international/studyabroadandexchanges/exchange/partneruniversities/

Loads of yank ones
Reply 10
assuming you can do the same modules in BA Econ that you would in BScEcon, would it not be better to just choose the BA and do erasmus if you wanna study abroad?
Reply 11
Original post by triloko
assuming you can do the same modules in BA Econ that you would in BScEcon, would it not be better to just choose the BA and do erasmus if you wanna study abroad?

toughy. Havent heard great things about the BA. also I <3 maths
Reply 12
toughy. Havent heard great things about the BA. also I <3 maths

that's odd, I made a topic asking about whether to do the BA or the BSc and I've been told you can still pick the same subjects of the BSc in the BA? :confused:

ah well, seems like there's no erasmus for economics I guess.. can't have it all!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending