The Student Room Group

Made in Chelsea

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alwatkins1991
I agreew with your first paragraph, but I think spencer does have some, to say none whatsoever is a bit drastic.

And its because ollie looks like pocahontas, whereas fred is like some manly nordic demi-god (no homo). Fred would like a lot more high brow if he stopped wearing turtle necks!

In the nick of time :holmes:
Well, last night reached a whole new level of staged-ness, didn't it! Loved the bit when Gabs walked off with the guy - Ollie's face looked so conflicted and bemused, almost as if he was hurt/didn't understand what had just happened, then after pulling faces for ages he comes out with 'what an odd looking man'! I noticed the Canadian aeroplane too, ha.
Anyone notice how Caggie and Spencer we're grinning/laughing before they kissed? It was so obviously staged! :tongue:

Can't wait for series two!
Does anyone please know the song that played when Caggie got into the Rolls Royce and went from her home to the polo? The main bit sounded like:

This is a heart
Can you feel it
Can you feel it.

THANKS SO MUCH IF ANYONE KNOWS ! X
I carry on watching it, but its even more fake than TOWIE. Caggie certainly don't like Spencer more than a friend and the bit where Gabriella went off with that bloke made no sense- where did he suddenly come from? Completely staged
Why are people so worried about whether it's staged or not? Of course it's staged, it's just "loosely" based around them as real people.
I suspect if it wasn't staged, it'd be pretty boring.
And yeah - Spencer (and the scriptwriters) actually seemed to forget about his date altogether, which was pretty funny.
oh my god. I feel genuinely sorry for Spencer, nice guy at heart but he's just so awkward and apparently lacks any social skills - I think that's just played up a bit for the show though

he apologized to Rosie and Amber and they just stared at him in silence for like 15 seconds lol
Original post by lukejoshjedi
oh my god. I feel genuinely sorry for Spencer, nice guy at heart but he's just so awkward and apparently lacks any social skills - I think that's just played up a bit for the show though

he apologized to Rosie and Amber and they just stared at him in silence for like 15 seconds lol

I think you mean Francis :tongue:
Original post by cpdavis
I think you mean Francis :tongue:

lol yeah I did mean him, but actually you could say that about both of them, especially with Spencer in the last 2 episodes :rolleyes:
Reply 589
Original post by natashapt
I love how the show's producers shot a view of a Canadian airline flying off from the airport, even though Caggie is supposedly off to New York.

Doesn't Air Canada fly to New York? Just because an airline is from a specific country doesn't mean that it doesn't do other routes. I remember flying from Manchester to Chicago a few years ago with Air India, and Kuala Lumpur to Dubai by Singapore Airlines.
Are you guys all saying that only an American or British airline would do that route ;/

Original post by lukejoshjedi

Assuming you mean Francis then yeah I agree with you. I think his problem is that although he certainly thinks before he speaks, he just somehow can never seem to say things properly and can never get his point or intentions across. Then again, that could just be him having problems saying the lines from the script.

In the end of the show I've concluded that Caggie is the retarded one of the group. Everything she's done just seems so stupid. Is it just me, or does she have a really fat face?
Because I mistook his squintiness as an attempt to supress tears, I thought Ollie was upset about seeing Gabriella walk off with that guy. And then he just comes out with 'What an odd looking bloke'. Amazing :lol:

This episode was brilliantly ridiculous. I don't remember Caggie at any point actually saying that she was going to the airport straight away but they all just seemed to know, and Millie could have at least pretended to be surprised to see Spencer there. I liked the fake screeching-of-brakes sound effect as he drove there too. God I'm going to miss it :moon:
Original post by Baller
although he certainly thinks before he speaks

This actually proves to me that he does have quite a few social skills. Notice he doesn't get riled easily and tries to stay calm and think about what he's saying. I think we're mistaking lack of social skills for lack of "front" which are two different things. I quite like Francis.

Original post by Baller

In the end of the show I've concluded that Caggie is the retarded one of the group. Everything she's done just seems so stupid. Is it just me, or does she have a really fat face?

Yes, and yes. Not quite as good looking as one might have first thought. And past master at fooling herself and no one else.
Reply 592
Original post by cpdavis
Air Canada, now flying to New York :tongue:

Air Canada actually do fly from London to New York. The hell was Caggie really on that flight though. I won't believe it until I clearly see her standing in the middle of Times Square :colone:

...Or are they gonna do the Friends thing?
Reply 593
Original post by Baller
Doesn't Air Canada fly to New York? Just because an airline is from a specific country doesn't mean that it doesn't do other routes. I remember flying from Manchester to Chicago a few years ago with Air India, and Kuala Lumpur to Dubai by Singapore Airlines.
Are you guys all saying that only an American or British airline would do that route ;/

I'm fairly sure that airlines can offer those routes if the plane needs to stop halfway to refuel etc. which allows them to take on and drop off passengers despite the second phase of the journey not involving the airline's home nation.

So in your case, it would have been:

India to (Manchester to Chicago)

I must admit, the Singapore Airlines example is strange but perhaps they have some sort of agreement with Malaysia that allows them to fly from Kuala Lumpur too as it's fairly close.

So I'd imagine that Caggie's flight was (London to New York) to Vancouver or something. Then again, I could be completely wrong and they just filmed the first plane they saw.

It's a weird system that seems to vary from country to country due to the differing levels of government control in the industry that limits foreign competition to it's national airlines.
Original post by TitanicTeutonicPhil
Some thinkers:

Anyone else think the opening scene is kinda predictable? There's ALWAYS a Ferrari driving through the picture from left to right.
Am disappointed about Francis. Reaching out to the b*tches?
Elishia? Boring.
Amber should really have her lips done. She doesn't have any.
I adore Millie for programming people with full first and last name into her phone. I do that even with my parents and siblings.
Agne really looks her best when she doesn't speak. She looked almost likeable in that scene with Fred, Francis, and Mark-Francis (and a bit like my ex)
Gabby's habit of bobbing up and down in awkward/uncomfortable moments is even worse than Hugo's!
Ollie's look when that dude walked up to get Gabby was sooo funny - if that was an act, he's a great actor.
Bet Spencer wished he brought the Porsche and not the Land Rover when he raced to the airport
Nice ending - was probably staged though.Anyone knows when season 2 kicks off?

I've heard it starts back in the autumn.
Did recently see pics of Caggie and Spencer together in the Daily Mail (their celebrity news section isn't that bad :tongue: ) so they've got together finally (I've heard the scenes are filmed 6 weeks in advance).
Glad I'm not the only one who noticed that weird side head tilt thing Hugo does when he's nervous. He seems like a genuinely nice guy though - I wouldn't mind going on a date with him. :love:
I'm still convinced Ollie is in fact gay and not bi (I swear it's his cover for dating Gabby who is secretly a pre-op tranny :ninja: )
I thought I would hate Made In Chelsea when it started, but I now love it more than TOWIE (admittedly I only watched 2 edisodes of towie).
Original post by Baller

Assuming you mean Francis then yeah I agree with you. I think his problem is that although he certainly thinks before he speaks, he just somehow can never seem to say things properly and can never get his point or intentions across. Then again, that could just be him having problems saying the lines from the script.

No we're not saying that at all, but for the sake of the show it would have made her exit more believeable if you hadn't of been able to see the big red leaf on the airplane. Most people watching would assume a Canadian airplane flying out from Britain would be headed back to Canada, not New York, it's a simple thought process.
Catching up on all the episodes now, never actually got past 1 :colondollar: Just been on the jewellery website for the first time, and I must say, as offensive as Cheska's write-up apparently was, at least she knows how apostrophes work. Well, apostrophes and basic sentence structure and linking words. Was actually gonna email and offer to rewrite bits for free, but funnily enough there's no one to email about anything that isn't sales or press :tongue: I HATE pedants, but I do think someone so stuck-up (and let's face it, she probably has a good enough education behind her too) would understand what a pluralised word looks like, and the difference between the Latin 'cum' and the English 'come'.

Also I have 2 fb friends in common with Ollie, which amuses me greatly.

edit: LOL and someone has written on his wall 'hey thanks for the add, have we met? lol'
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by ormaybeitsjustnarcissism
Catching up on all the episodes now, never actually got past 1 :colondollar: Just been on the jewellery website for the first time, and I must say, as offensive as Cheska's write-up apparently was, at least she knows how apostrophes work. Well, apostrophes and basic sentence structure and linking words. Was actually gonna email and offer to rewrite bits for free, but funnily enough there's no one to email about anything that isn't sales or press :tongue: I HATE pedants, but I do think someone so stuck-up (and let's face it, she probably has a good enough education behind her too) would understand what a pluralised word looks like, and the difference between the Latin 'cum' and the English 'come'.

Also I have 2 fb friends in common with Ollie, which amuses me greatly.

edit: LOL and someone has written on his wall 'hey thanks for the add, have we met? lol'

+1 well said !

And lol I have 2 mutual friends with Ollie too, tho it only lets me see through his profile pictures (he was rather handsome a few years back), but i'll double check.

I feel so sad for facebooking these randoms!
Original post by patriarchywhore

Original post by patriarchywhore
Does anyone please know the song that played when Caggie got into the Rolls Royce and went from her home to the polo? The main bit sounded like:

This is a heart
Can you feel it
Can you feel it.

THANKS SO MUCH IF ANYONE KNOWS ! X

It's this song.

My fav from last night was this song when Caggie had just said goodbye to Spencer and was getting to her car to get to the airport. Just perfect for that scene.
Reply 599
Ive been away so havent been able to comment - but I LOVED the last episiode, lol at Ollie's comment at that other guy with Gabs...really liked the ending, its clear that it'll open up for another series later in the year. I think Agne is so stunning though, like the way she looked at Polo was outstanding...

Quick Reply

Latest