The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Original post by fevziye
Anyone who doesn't know what the words calculus and integration mean should just go to bed!!!

why would I do that...? when will I learn it then.. I had enough trouble doing trapezium rule and now this has come along. to think I still have to do inequalities :s
[QUOTE=TheDane;31717256 if using arc and sector equations etc then change the angle to radians by doing the opposite- times it by 180/pi hope it makes sense??

It doesn't because it's nonsense. Go to bed.
Reply 782
Quick question

On the June 2010 paper, question 7a, how do you get to (x+5)^2 = 3(2x-13) from log3 ((x+3)^2 / (2x-13)) = 1
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 783
Original post by msta
Quick question

On the June 2010 paper, question 7a, how do you get to (x+5)^2 = 3(2x-13) from log3 ((x+3)^2 / (2x-13)) = 1

Note, log3^3=1.
Original post by msta
Quick question

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2eeg3pbQ0k
Original post by msta
Quick question

If log a B = C (where a is the base number), then a^C = B

You can apply the same here, where a = 3, and C = 1

3^1 = ((x+3)^2 / (2x-13))

3 = ((x+3)^2 / (2x-13))

Then multiply (2x-13) to both sides

3(2x-13) = (x+3)^2

(I assume the x+5 was a typo?)
Reply 786
how do you prove geometric seq??
Good luck everyone..sleeping timeeee Zzzzzz
Original post by ricky1305
why would I do that...? when will I learn it then.. I had enough trouble doing trapezium rule and now this has come along. to think I still have to do inequalities :s

Calculus means integration or differentiation.
Reply 789
Original post by sarian2
how do you prove geometric seq??

I advise you to practice that before you go bed.. i have feeling ita gona come up!

and this paper is gonna be veryyyy hard because the one in january was the easiest paper ever!
Original post by zezima
I advise you to practice that before you go bed.. i have feeling ita gona come up!

and this paper is gonna be veryyyy hard because the one in january was the easiest paper ever!

As far as I know they always come up, it's an entire chapter of the book.
Reply 791
Original post by Whatever9999
ohh i thought he was right ,because its r^2 right ??? and 6.5 is R :confused: not so sure

6.5 is r^2... which was my point. He added an extra ^2
Reply 792
arghhh i just cant w8 for 9:30!! mannn i want that 100% so badlyyy
Original post by Masderchef
Why are people not in bed yet?

strong irony?
Reply 794
Will this paper be harder because Jan 2011 was considered easy
rrr
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by taliman
j

depends whether the examiner is feeling mean or not tbh
Original post by taliman
Will this paper be harder because Jan 2011 was considered easy

Certainly so, and logarithms, trigonometry, circle geometry are sure to cause difficulties...the geometric series question in Jan11 was'nt a difficult one either...
Reply 798
Original post by intellectual1
Certainly so, and logarithms, trigonometry, circle geometry are sure to cause difficulties...the geometric series question in Jan11 was'nt a difficult one either...

I hope there are low grade boundaries for todays exam lol
Original post by intellectual1

why do they punish US for THEM giving resitters/FMs a hard paper :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending