Reply 20
Geeks ftw!
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 21
Original post by acat
Yep, 21 when I'll start. I'm sure it will be fine making friends and stuff as everyone's in the same boat, I'm just concerned that I won't want to hang around with a bunch of 18 year old's still obsessing about where next to put their penis.

There will be SO many freshers, so many different types of people. I'm sure you'll be able to find people who you'd want to hang out with, non penis-obsessed people.. :P
Reply 22
Original post by Matt77
Physics - cool.Gravity is one of my favourite things but am not so fond of the whole blowing cats up in radioactive boxes...although wasps would be fine. You'll be a geek too then...I'm obviously like a really cool geek...like erm...can't really think of anybody right now...Dr Who?

Yeah I can't deny I am a bit of a geek... Not in the wacky manga/scifi obsessive sense, just a hint of nerd... and I can't say I agree with exploding cats... Maybe i should reconsider my course choice!
Reply 23
I am also old and will be starting in September, doing a five year course too so I'll be ancient when I've finished!
I'm 38 and this Sep/Oct I'll do a 1 year MA in TESOL. If to be in your 20s is considered old....
lol...why the obsession with age and being "old" in 20's...anyways, i am 23 and will be starting at notts in September!
Reply 26
Lol once again woUld just like to say that I didn't start this conv to imply students in their 20s are 'old'... Just wanted to check that there other ppl in the same situation! And obviously there Are lots, very relieved to know. Thanks to everyone for getting in touch:-)
Reply 27
Original post by Cdan2112
Lol once again woUld just like to say that I didn't start this conv to imply students in their 20s are 'old'... Just wanted to check that there other ppl in the same situation! And obviously there Are lots, very relieved to know. Thanks to everyone for getting in touch:-)

See what you did? Saying people are old...:wink:
I'm a fresher at 21 and will be in halls, but insisting on en suite :wink:
Guys / Girls

I had the same concerns when I started last year at the ripe old age of 22 and going in to halls.

Should never have worried. Age is irrelevant and no-one will judge you for it, as long as you don't take an arrogant view and assume you know more than everyone around you. In a hall of a couple of hundred people there will be people you like, people you can't stand and people you'll never speak to.

I'm coming to the end of my second year now and loving it for the most part.
Reply 30
Original post by Cdan2112
Ok, so I'm 23, but kinda feeling too old for halls now! Anyone else starting this year and living off campus?? Would be good to know there are some others!

Hey im 24 and starting Nottingham Trent this september ive also appiled for the halls as well so i wouldnt worry :smile:
Reply 31
I am going to nottingham I'm 24 in couple of days. I'm currently selling my house so i can buy a place near campus. I kind of get the feelin I may be out of the loop by not being in halls??
Original post by DJayLuigi
I am going to nottingham I'm 24 in couple of days. I'm currently selling my house so i can buy a place near campus. I kind of get the feelin I may be out of the loop by not being in halls??

You will be a little bit, in the sense you'll miss out on the nights out arranged by halls and staying in them is an easy way of making friends. If you're confident enough to start chatting to people in seminars then you can easily make friends on your course. Buying a house for uni seems a bit excessive, when you can stay in halls and then rent a place with your mates before moving back home.
Reply 33
Original post by cunningstunt87
You will be a little bit, in the sense you'll miss out on the nights out arranged by halls and staying in them is an easy way of making friends. If you're confident enough to start chatting to people in seminars then you can easily make friends on your course. Buying a house for uni seems a bit excessive, when you can stay in halls and then rent a place with your mates before moving back home.

^ This.

Hall life will be a lot of fun and you'll get to meet so many people! But if you think living in halls is not your thing then you can always find good and cheap private accommodation close to the University in Beeston or Lenton. You could probably even find other people wanting to rent a room here on TSR.

:smile:
Reply 34
Im starting in September too and i'll be 33! I'll also be living off campus. What course are you doing?
Reply 35
Original post by babychamjo
Im starting in September too and i'll be 33! I'll also be living off campus. What course are you doing?

Tis a great age to start Uni. High five
ancient student (26) starting PhD Geography
Reply 37
Oh my.. Looks like the definition of old is certainly changing..
Original post by .Inspired
Oh my.. Looks like the definition of old is certainly changing..

Definition of old is 24!!
Reply 39
Original post by cunningstunt87
Definition of old is 24!!

Great! I'll be 24 when I start in september!

I'll be an ooold man! :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending