The Student Room Group

Higher maths, 18th may 2011!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 440
Hmm I seem to have made a stupid mistake in question 6b) paper 2.
I actually forgot to integrate and just took 3sinx+5cosx as a new question then done the same thing I done in 6a) again.
Then integrated it all as in the part where you take the limits and you put them in "x" and take away from the other limit.
Does anyone know how many marks I'll lose for this?
I've now posted my version of paper 1 solutions http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=31569520&postcount=403 here, although it's only there for completeness' sake.
I screwed up 1(b) by getting one component wrong and i followed it on to the next question, worth 5 marks and did all the correct working but my answer was wrong due to the error in the previous question.

Will i get the full 5 marks for that question? I know they do that in physics but i'm not sure if they do the same in maths.:confused:
Reply 443
I done the same my friend said tht one of her teachers told her tht u would only lose 1 mark because uve got all workin right but I dunno
If all of the method is correct, and the mistake you made in part (b) still made part (c) applicable to Higher level, you should get the full 5 marks (or at least the majority of them!) from follow through :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 445
Yup, I agree with everyone else, you will only lose 1 mark for where you went wrong and should get carry through marks for the next part of the question. It just means the marker has to work it out himself again using your value!
Reply 446
For the radians question do you know how the final answer was 0.68? Will 0.67 be ok?
Original post by hiya!!
For the radians question do you know how the final answer was 0.68? Will 0.67 be ok?

i put down 0.65 because i rounded it one step earlier so i'd probs get 6/7 for that.

so it depends how much you rounded it by but i think you'll be fine.:biggrin:
Reply 448
Original post by speedygonzales10
i put down 0.65 because i rounded it one step earlier so i'd probs get 6/7 for that.

so it depends how much you rounded it by but i think you'll be fine.:biggrin:

Ahh ok, thanks! :biggrin:
Thats if they even understand my writing, I only cracked it in the last 2 minutes of the exam and there was scribbles and scores everywhere haha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending