The Student Room Group

fourth year funding payments

Hi,

I have had a few friends recieve their payment shcedules from SAAS for funding for our final year. I am currently waiting on mine, but am quite concerned by what i have been told.

I (and my friends) am entitled to the maximum amounts of loans, i think it was £5417 last year however this is to be reduced quite considerably due to SAAS stating that this amount would be for a full 12 months whereas as we graduate in may/june we will get less in total for the fourth year due to expecting to have a job straight off after graduation.

I am an independant student and have rent etc to pay each month so am really worried that if they do this i wont have enough money each month thus putting my last year in jeopardy. has anybody been in this situation or know anyone who has and if this is correct.

Thanks very much in anticipation

Niki
All funding authorities do it.
You are funded up to the end of exams in your last year.
Seriously? We get less money in the last year? I think that may have just screwed over my entire university budget.
Reply 3
The amounts are shown here http://www.student-support-saas.gov.uk/student_support/scottish_inside/student_loan.htm as "full year" and "final year".

Students are eligible to work/claim benefits as soon as their course ends.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending