The Student Room Group

Doctoral Loan, studentship second year?

Hi,

I am currently in the first year of my PhD and in receipt of a postgraduate doctoral loan. About a month or so ago, my supervisors put me forward for a Northern Bridge Consortium Studentship (i.e. funding via UKRI Research Council) although we have not yet received an outcome to this.

Can I ask for clarification on how this would affect my current postgraduate doctoral loan - would I have to request SFE cancel the loan for the remainder of my degree?

Thanks!
Hi there,

If you are awarded studentship from the day you are awarded it you would no longer be eligible for funding from us. I would advise if you are awarded this to call us that day so we can get this updated on your online account and this will prevent you from receiving payments you are not eligible for.

Thanks, Drew
Reply 2
Original post by Drew SLC
Hi there,
If you are awarded studentship from the day you are awarded it you would no longer be eligible for funding from us. I would advise if you are awarded this to call us that day so we can get this updated on your online account and this will prevent you from receiving payments you are not eligible for.
Thanks, Drew

Hi Drew,

Thank you, I'll be sure to do that. Would the payment cancellation involve the remainder of my first year's payments or just the ones from the second year (when the studentship would come into effect)?
Hi there,

You would be ineligible for future payments from the date it is awarded. You would still keep the payments you received until you get the award.

Thanks, Drew
Reply 4
Original post by Drew SLC
Hi there,
You would be ineligible for future payments from the date it is awarded. You would still keep the payments you received until you get the award.
Thanks, Drew
Hi Drew,

So that means I would be ineligible for future payments from the date I would receive initial confirmation of a studentship, not the date that studentship would begin in the next academic year, correct?
(edited 1 month ago)
Hi there,

Yes that is correct.

Thanks, Drew

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending