Scroll to see replies

Just hnng.
Original post by Yololo
Here comes another white boy.

JFC they don't stop do they? :rofl:

Im black not white
Original post by matthewduncan

Im black not white

I hate when people make assumptions personally.
Original post by SharpenedPencils
Wow, this thread has just ended up annoying me, went from appreciation to just a weird differentiation game trying to separate out people. If a person identifies as black like say Alicia Keys does, who are you to say they aren't? When will black people learn to stop being so insecure?

ah you guys are new to it.
we had such big arguments back in the day. that the mods had to come n shut it down n delete half of everything.

the term black will always remain a subjective term.

no white person really identifies as white. they have some sort of national ethnicity to fall back on like italian or polish or english or welsh. or they'll be able to say what their exact mix is. non african black people can't say that. they were selected for slavery for being black. removed from their culture for being black. eventually they became black without a historical culture or connection to africa and had to create a new surrogate culture.

black is related to slavery. slavery is where the 1 drop rule applies. so it doesnt matter how dark or pale you are if you have black in you (as in 1 drop of black) then you are still considered black by the slave rules.

black is also a socio-political term for anyone that is segregated and treated as chattel descendants so you'll get certain socio-political ethnographers referring to jews and irish and indian people as black because of the oppression they faced as an ethnicity.

there are africans and people of african descent who are still offended by the word black.

in america there are still many organisations that prefer term negro to black. Marcus Garvey being one of them. some dislike negro and prefer african. even if they do not know where in africa they are mixed from.

and yes there are issues with skin complexion. but sadly they are far to ingrained. complexion issues are faced by pretty much all cultures outside of europe.

i think europeans are the only ones that look to people with tans as better.

example england bases most its ideas of sophistication, art and politics of of the greeks and italians. all white people with a tan. hence why european beauty still bounces off notions drew from italy.
Original post by jam278
I hate when people make assumptions personally.

It's automatically assumed everybody on the internet is a white guy.
Original post by jam278

Just hnng.

:eek::eek::eek::eek: Wife material right there
Original post by Mick.w
ah you guys are new to it.
we had such big arguments back in the day. that the mods had to come n shut it down n delete half of everything.

the term black will always remain a subjective term.

no white person really identifies as white. they have some sort of national ethnicity to fall back on like italian or polish or english or welsh. or they'll be able to say what their exact mix is. non african black people can't say that. they were selected for slavery for being black. removed from their culture for being black. eventually they became black without a historical culture or connection to africa and had to create a new surrogate culture.

black is related to slavery. slavery is where the 1 drop rule applies. so it doesnt matter how dark or pale you are if you have black in you (as in 1 drop of black) then you are still considered black by the slave rules.

black is also a socio-political term for anyone that is segregated and treated as chattel descendants so you'll get certain socio-political ethnographers referring to jews and irish and indian people as black because of the oppression they faced as an ethnicity.

there are africans and people of african descent who are still offended by the word black.

in america there are still many organisations that prefer term negro to black. Marcus Garvey being one of them. some dislike negro and prefer african. even if they do not know where in africa they are mixed from.

and yes there are issues with skin complexion. but sadly they are far to ingrained. complexion issues are faced by pretty much all cultures outside of europe.

i think europeans are the only ones that look to people with tans as better.

example england bases most its ideas of sophistication, art and politics of of the greeks and italians. all white people with a tan. hence why european beauty still bounces off notions drew from italy.

Agree with what you're saying here.

Spoiler

Original post by alexschmalex
:eek::eek::eek::eek: Wife material right there

It's just :dice:

If we had less pictures of alek wek and more of this girl the thread would get more respect.
When the word "Black" appears on a thread title, there's always bound to be an argument. Still one of my fave threads.

(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by NathanW18
Beyonce in terms of physical attractiveness and personality. Rihanna tries way too hard to continue to be noticed.

I'm also glad this thread was bumped. After many negative threads, seeing this is nice.

rihannas a naive and now emotionally damaged island girl - leave her alone.
Original post by dire wolf
rihannas a naive and now emotionally damaged island girl - leave her alone.

Chris Crocker, is that you?
Original post by NathanW18
Chris Crocker, is that you?

don't be fasheshous
Original post by dire wolf
don't be fasheshous

I can't tell if you're being serious or not.
Original post by Secretnerd123
Beyonce or rhianna? Who's more attractive?

Rihanna is a basic hoe, and also an idiot.

Beyonce is flawless and slays.

inb4 the whole lift thing, she can't risked getting slapped or kicked while her sister goes ape! She's too important for that!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Peggles_*
Rihanna is a basic hoe, and also an idiot.

Beyonce is flawless and slays.

inb4 the whole lift thing, she can't risked getting slapped or kicked while her sister goes ape! She's too important for that!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd take Lauren Hill at Beyonce's age any time
Original post by trustmeimlying1
dont speak too soon!
as surprising as it is I also have had my fair share of fangurls...
many of them being hot...but I wouldnt touch them!
im not the type to just go for sex blatantly when I know well they want more and itd break their hearts...
its weird you actually get fairly picky when it comes to it

That's me alright
Original post by Mick.w
x

You've pretty much nailed it,:clap2: and yeah I am new to it, but I feel I shouldn't change and come to see it as the norm; that threads involving black people descend into idiocy. Ah well, can't do nothing about it :/
Original post by SharpenedPencils
You've pretty much nailed it,:clap2: and yeah I am new to it, but I feel I shouldn't change and come to see it as the norm; that threads involving black people descend into idiocy. Ah well, can't do nothing about it :/

are you white? (question prompted by ur avatar)
Original post by Mick.w
are you white? (question prompted by ur avatar)

Nope, I am indeed black, that's Meg Ryan (famous actress) ahaha, I have a pic of myself as my profile picture with my fro and everything, black and proud :cool:

Latest