The Student Room Group

Battlefield 3

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Darkphilosopher
Many people see it as the developer being greedy though.
If they were to release mod tools (i.e. sell them) then we could have hundreds more maps by now. All of which would be free.

Maybe they are, maybe they aren't. But most developers can't give modding tools to their players. Not on console anyway. Bethesda is a prime example. They put out the modding tools for PC users for their games and wanted to give them to console users as well but they couldn't because of licensing issues with Sony and Xbox.

The developers, the animators, the artists, the programmers, the voice actors who make DLC, have to earn their living as well. Why should they spend hours and hours creating entirely new content for the game for nothing. That's not really fair to them :/ It's would be going down to Tescos or Asda or any British store and saying "Because your company made X millions in profit last year, I should get this bread and milk for free"
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Aj12
Launch date DLC I fully understand hell any DLC that's not free launched in the first few months I understand but this far after launch and dlc offered at a very good price, new weapons and new maps I just don't get the complaints.

It is a good deal. At the end of the day, it will save them money. I really don't get why everyone is bitching :confused: Don't like, don't buy.
Reply 1982
Original post by Miss Trololol
It is a good deal. At the end of the day, it will save them money. I really don't get why everyone is bitching :confused: Don't like, don't buy.

I read through Facebook and quite a few people seem really angry. I just don't get why. I understand anger at Games I was pretty pissed at Mass Effect 3 but not to the level I've seen on the Battlefield FB page
Original post by Aj12
I read through Facebook and quite a few people seem really angry. I just don't get why. I understand anger at Games I was pretty pissed at Mass Effect 3 but not to the level I've seen on the Battlefield FB page

I know. It's really sad. Dice deserve better than that.
Armoured Kill screenshots

http://gamerant.com/battlefield-3-armored-kill-preview-e3-2012-dyce-153047/

Theres an AC-130 in the sky.

EDIT: Another screenshot

Seems like you can play in it, and it has 2 gunners. Maybe it would work if it was automatically driven over a bombing run and people were only placed in gunner seats.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Aj12

I know. It's really sad. Dice deserve better than that.

You can't really blame Dice for the price of the DLCs or the introduction of this premium thing. It's all EA. But one thing you can blame Dice for: They still haven't fixed their game. There are so many bugs and most of them could be fixed by very small patches, just like they did with Battlefield 2. They could have fixed the Dart glitch within 2 days if they had wanted to but instead they waited 2 months. The thing that makes people angry is that they keep bringing out new content without fixing the old one. It's incredible how many bugs this game still has 8 months after its release date. There are many developers that do a much better job. I still love this game though. I've been a fan since Battlefield 2 and if they don't screw it up I will keep buying their games/dlcs.
Original post by Oh my Ms. Coffey
Armoured Kill screenshots

http://gamerant.com/battlefield-3-armored-kill-preview-e3-2012-dyce-153047/

Theres an AC-130 in the sky.

EDIT: Another screenshot

Seems like you can play in it, and it has 2 gunners. Maybe it would work if it was automatically driven over a bombing run and people were only placed in gunner seats.

Yep those screenshots look amazing! I heard that the AC-130 will definetely only have gunner seats, no flying possible. Still don't know how they want to implement it and whether the Russians get an equivilant. I suppose this DLC will only be fun on the PC though. The new mode 'tank domination' will suck on small maps or big maps with only 24 players on :tongue:
Reply 1988
Original post by Aj12

A lot of old Battlefield faithfuls are unhappy with BF3. Unless Armoured Kill turns out to be extremely good, DICE did a great job in alienating a lot of the fans who enjoyed previous BFs from 2142 and earlier and attracting all of the "IN BUTTFEEL UR TEH JETSTRIKE, DAT BILDIN IS INFEEWADD HQ LMAO SO REALISM xDDDDD" crowd.

That and dealing with patches and such has been a complete and utter hash. BF2 had its issues, but they could be overlooked by how ridiculously open and fun the game was. The same can't really be said for BF3.
Original post by Tabris
"IN BUTTFEEL UR TEH JETSTRIKE, DAT BILDIN IS INFEEWADD HQ LMAO SO REALISM xDDDDD"

I have no idea what you are trying to say here. :confused: Translate?
Original post by 21stcenturyphantom
I have no idea what you are trying to say here. :confused: Translate?

I think that's supposed to be the typical Cod player :wink:
Original post by nightmare91
But one thing you can blame Dice for: They still haven't fixed their game. There are so many bugs and most of them could be fixed by very small patches, just like they did with Battlefield 2. They could have fixed the Dart glitch within 2 days if they had wanted to but instead they waited 2 months.

Yeah, I do agree. it did bother me that it took them so long to fix the Dart glitch. It made playing in EA servers awful :frown: I don't think that game is broken as such, just needs tightening and tweaking really.

Can't be XD The typical CoD player is more like "OMFG1!!1 I GOT TEH MOAB!1!!"

I know, I can understand the silly 1337 talk but when he said this building is ??? I got confused. I'm just not 'down' with the internet anymore I guess.

/foreveralone.gif

:rolleyes:
Reply 1994

Kinda, but not really.

Up until recently, there's never been a CoD, Battlefield 'rivalry' as each franchise serves a difference purpose. Older Battlefield fans tend not to make comparisons between the two as one is primarily an arena deathmatch shooter and the other is an objective based control shooter with combined arms.

But if you go to any Battlefield forum, YouTube video nowadays, it's filled with fanboys who constantly say things like:

"IN CAWDOODY, U CALL THE AIRSTRIKE, IN BATTLEFIELD U R THE JET LOL!"
"COD IS GAY"
"IS THIS REAL LIFE!?"
"YOU SEE THAT BILDIN? IT'S CAWDOODY HQ, ROFLOL"

And things of that ilk. That's the modern Battlefield fan and DICE catering to those types of individuals, rather than the old guard has pretty much killed the game in the eyes of a lot of veteran players because those fanboys are plastic and will move on to the next big franchise.
I haven't played BF3 in around three months, my Server has gone now, which is a shame. Not sure what the current news is, if anyone wants to give a brief overview. Last DLC I heard of was Close Quarters, or some such, but given BF3 isn't really what I'm playing anymore I've kind'a neglected news. In March I played the hell out of it, after another period of not playing it, which got me well into the Colonel+ ranks, having colossal games on my Server was really bumping my XP through the roof, most people on the matches were finishing well into five figure XP, I think I saw a few on six, for those full ticket mathes on Metro Conquest and multiple TDM games.

I had that really annoying "Game Save Data Corrupt" thing back a while, though, so I had to constantly sort my classes out every time I started a game. I wanted to play a few of the single player missions but I have to do them all again, which is very frustrating but at least it gives me a reason to bumble through the whole campaign now.

Ever since racing started up again and I picked up another full time job I've just lost complete motivation to play on the Xbox or PC; until Far Cry 3, Tomb Raider, A:CM, etc come out I doubt I'll be playing multiplayer on here at all, that is unless the DLC is worth it, I might check to see if there are any reviews on Close Quarters yet.

To be honest, the only DLC that's on my radar at the moment which, incidently, is the biggest reason I'd have to come back on to the Xbox every night is Dawnguard; I've got ELITE for CoD and I haven't added any new maps since the tower one, Overwatch I think. :dontknow:

Sigh, I miss being fifteen and having huge clan games on CSS, or being sixteen and having games every night on CoD/BF:2142. I'll be off by January and by that point, gaming will no longer be doable at all. So I've got another six months, maybe, of gaming for the rest of the foreseeable future for the next half a decade, at least.
Original post by Tabris
Kinda, but not really.

Up until recently, there's never been a CoD, Battlefield 'rivalry' as each franchise serves a difference purpose. Older Battlefield fans tend not to make comparisons between the two as one is primarily an arena deathmatch shooter and the other is an objective based control shooter with combined arms.

But if you go to any Battlefield forum, YouTube video nowadays, it's filled with fanboys who constantly say things like:

"IN CAWDOODY, U CALL THE AIRSTRIKE, IN BATTLEFIELD U R THE JET LOL!"
"COD IS GAY"
"IS THIS REAL LIFE!?"
"YOU SEE THAT BILDIN? IT'S CAWDOODY HQ, ROFLOL"

And things of that ilk. That's the modern Battlefield fan and DICE catering to those types of individuals, rather than the old guard has pretty much killed the game in the eyes of a lot of veteran players because those fanboys are plastic and will move on to the next big franchise.

So, would this be the wrong time to say that I'm a shameless CoD basher? :wink:
Reply 1997
So, would this be the wrong time to say that I'm a shameless CoD basher? :wink:

i like cod, i really do, sometimes it can be fun, sometimes it can be frustrating,

but what anoys me about it,
MW2 was the best COD game... better thatn Black ops (exept for zombies) of MW3 (exept for zombies)
i dont know why they didnt try make it better and more fair, you still get people who run around with a sniper for close range and there is no REAL sniper spots.. but saying that i can handle that bit..
also, there is someplaces you cant go, cannot even attempt to as there is an invisable wall...

for instance

i was shooting this guy, and i ran out of bulets, and could see he was running around this rock, i realised if i could get into a crevice of the rock he would run straight past giving me an easy kill....
however, after several atempt at jumping on the rock, i was stabbed...
not very fair, as i should have been able to get on the rocks

what i do like though is the smoke granades and to an extent the flash granades wich are a great tactical piont, :smile:
Original post by chill543

MW2 was the best COD game...

No, CoD 2 was the best CoD game followed closely by CoD 1 on PC. MW2 was great fun but omg the amount of annoying players it brought with it. Noobtubes were the worst. Having killstreaks was its downfall.
Reply 1999
Original post by DH-Biker

To be honest, the only DLC that's on my radar at the moment which, incidently, is the biggest reason I'd have to come back on to the Xbox every night is Dawnguard; I've got ELITE for CoD and I haven't added any new maps since the tower one, Overwatch I think. :dontknow:

Sigh, I miss being fifteen and having huge clan games on CSS, or being sixteen and having games every night on CoD/BF:2142. I'll be off by January and by that point, gaming will no longer be doable at all. So I've got another six months, maybe, of gaming for the rest of the foreseeable future for the next half a decade, at least.

I know how you feel. I miss being that age and actually bothering with competitive gaming on the PC, smashing different shooters from across the board. All sorts. They were the best times and it doesn't really help that games like BF2 and 2142 are leagues better than 3 could ever hope to be.

I've probably clocked up around 30 hours on my Xbox in the last 5 months, if that. I can barely play for more than half an hour before getting bored and putting it down again. I'd say it's because I'm getting older, but I have no problems wasting my time with other things that are even bigger timesinks.

Original post by KingGoonIan
No, CoD 2 was the best CoD game followed closely by CoD 1 on PC. MW2 was great fun but omg the amount of annoying players it brought with it. Noobtubes were the worst. Having killstreaks was its downfall.

MW2 had potential to be up there with CoD2 and CoD4. The game itself was amazingly fun, despite its numerous faults, but those faults were big enough to stop it from getting where it could have.

Quick Reply

Latest