The Student Room Group

Japanese Language/Studies Applicants for 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MyNeighbourTotoro
I'm not really sure what i want to go into next. I just like the overall idea of translation but i don't know of what. What do you want to go into? I like making new friends too! I'm normally rubbish at making them though :tongue: if there is a visit day i'll probably be the quietest person there.

Translating sounds cool! Do you have much knoeledge of Japanese already? I'm only learning my Kana! I'd love to maybe be an ambassador/diplomat or work for businesses in Japan. Something so I can travel around the world. I have a wanderlust <3

Haha i'll spike your drink and liven you up!
Original post by RichardJapanese
Translating sounds cool! Do you have much knoeledge of Japanese already? I'm only learning my Kana! I'd love to maybe be an ambassador/diplomat or work for businesses in Japan. Something so I can travel around the world. I have a wanderlust <3

Haha i'll spike your drink and liven you up!

Not really i'm only learning kana too. I can read it better than write but other than that i don't really know any japanese. Wow being an ambassador/dimplomat sounds really good i could never imagine aimimg for a job that high up!

Haha i can't imagine being that lively! Maybe i'll try to be more lively, i don't want to look too boring.:tongue:
I got an offer from Sheffield for AAB - I'd have preferred ABB though! :smile:
Something so I can travel around the world. I have a wanderlust <3

Travelling's the best part about languages :biggrin:

I want to be either do TESOL/TEFL orrr interpreting, though even imagine doing some kind of international business!~
And all the places. < 3

By the way, has anyone seen the video/heard PONPONPON by Kyary Pamyu Pamyu? It's stuck in my head ;w;
Reply 184
Yay offer from Birmingham for AAB :biggrin:
Reply 185
I have my interview for Selwyn College next Tuesday and I feel the need to prepare questions to ask the interviewers, but what? D:

So far, I've only got an offer from Sheffield (AAB as well!) and I'm starting to suffer from early hair loss due to stressing out (;-__-)

P.S. Hello again~
I haven't got an offer from sheffield for Japanese Studies, starting to worry just a tad =/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzC4hFK5P3g&ob=av3e

It's stuck in my head!

Prepping for my informal thing at Birmingham for Spanish and Japanese, figured I better get some basic phrases down.
I can't say any more than who I am, my age, and that I live in England. u__u 5 weeks to go.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 188
Offer from Leeds, AAA though. I think I'll have to reject them :L
Are there any other mature students here applying~?

I still have no replies for mine..
Offer from Leeds too! AAB to include French and Japanese - so pleased, only SOAS to go now :smile:.
how your family feels about you studying Japanese at uni:

Spoiler

how you feel about studying Japanese at uni:

Spoiler

I'm predicted A*CC. Sooo gonna get rejected by all the unis. orz
Digital_Love: Thanks for sharing the video! :smile:

Update 17/12/2011: Manchester already rejected me, just waiting for the other four to do the same. T-T

Update 21/12/2011: SOAS gave me an offer. :O No way! *dies from happiness* I know it's not over yet, but the idea of hope brings me joy. :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Just got two offers from SOAS! Japanese AAB and Japanese and Politics AAA! Wooooooo! Anyone else?
Reply 194
Just got two offers from SOAS! Japanese AAB and Japanese and Politics AAA! Wooooooo! Anyone else?

I just got one for Japanese too :biggrin: Congrats, Perhaps I'll be seeing you there next year!
Original post by Rei_Rei
I just got one for Japanese too :biggrin: Congrats, Perhaps I'll be seeing you there next year!

woop! I'd love to make friends before I go! Here's my Facebook if you want to add me: ( This goes for anyone applying for Japanese at Leeds, Sheffield, SOAS and Oxford)

http://facebook.com/#!/home.php?__user=551412703
Reply 196
woop! I'd love to make friends before I go! Here's my Facebook if you want to add me: ( This goes for anyone applying for Japanese at Leeds, Sheffield, SOAS and Oxford)

http://facebook.com/#!/home.php?__user=551412703

That link just goes to the homepage :colondollar: Have you had your interview at Oxford yet? I had my Cambridge one last week, it was somewhere between absolutely terrifying and tremendously exciting!
Original post by Rei_Rei
That link just goes to the homepage :colondollar: Have you had your interview at Oxford yet? I had my Cambridge one last week, it was somewhere between absolutely terrifying and tremendously exciting!

Woops! I'll post it again when I get home... Yes! I was there all last week! I love how Oxford gave us all a little Christmas break... My Interview went okay, but I think my grades will be the main reason behind not giving me an offer!

Did you fall in love with Cambridge like I fell in love with Oxford? Which college?
Got an offer for SOAS today :biggrin: AAB, that's all my offers in, so so pleased :biggrin:
Reply 199

I have SOAS too (AAB)! All 5 offers now :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending