The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

Oxford Brookes university Japanese studies

hii! i’ve got an offer at oxford brookes university for japanese studies and i just wanted to make this thread to try and meet some other people who are attending the same course as me :0
Reply 1
Hey! I also got an offer (conditional though), are you doing the year abroad course?
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
Reply 2
Original post by mofuuji
Hey! I also got an offer (conditional though), are you doing the year abroad course?

my offer is conditional too but i think i’ll get the grade!! and yes i am!
Reply 3
Original post by mintrbl
my offer is conditional too but i think i’ll get the grade!! and yes i am!

Niiice, let's hope we both make the cut haha. Have you got any prior experience with Japanese?
Reply 4
Original post by mofuuji
Niiice, let's hope we both make the cut haha. Have you got any prior experience with Japanese?

only through self study so far, but i really only know the basics such as hiragana, katakana etc. wbu??
Reply 5
Original post by mintrbl
only through self study so far, but i really only know the basics such as hiragana, katakana etc. wbu??
Seems like I'm in the same boat as you although my katakana def needs work
Reply 6
Original post by Loafsond
Seems like I'm in the same boat as you although my katakana def needs work

me too!! i find it really difficult studying without guidance from a teacher or something like that
Reply 7
Original post by mintrbl
me too!! i find it really difficult studying without guidance from a teacher or something like that

Having someone knowledgeable teach us will def be helpful, I found Duolingo to make learning the basics really easy.
Reply 8
Original post by Loafsond
Having someone knowledgeable teach us will def be helpful, I found Duolingo to make learning the basics really easy.

mmm yeah, i’ve tried quite a few different apps. one that i found really helpful was called “kana drill” that just teaches the 2 alphabets.

as for the basics in grammer, i would say duolingo is quite helpful : D i also watch quite a lot of youtube videos on grammer too!

haven’t really looked much into kanji yet
Reply 9
Kanji isn't difficult inherently but there is just so many of them to memorise that it's gonna take up 80% of our course lmao
Reply 10
Kanji will be interesting lol. As for the youtube videos, as long as you indulge in the language in any capacity then you'll be improving even if it unconsciously
Reply 11
Original post by mofuuji
Kanji isn't difficult inherently but there is just so many of them to memorise that it's gonna take up 80% of our course lmao

i am actually really excited to start learning it!!
Reply 12
Original post by mintrbl
i am actually really excited to start learning it!!

do you guys have instagram or any other media, it’d be cool to know people who are gonna be in my class in advance : D
Reply 13
Original post by mintrbl
do you guys have instagram or any other media, it’d be cool to know people who are gonna be in my class in advance : D

Yeah I've got instagram, discord, etc.
Insta: jamesbennett_fha
Discord: mofuuji#5976
Reply 14
Insta: dumb_hazza
Discord: Hazza#5595
Reply 15
Original post by mofuuji
Yeah I've got instagram, discord, etc.
Insta: jamesbennett_fha
Discord: mofuuji#5976

added you both, ty!
Hi all,

Congratulations on your offers to come study at Brookes! I just wanted to add that we have recently launched a Brookes page on Unibuddy Community, which is another great way to meet current applicants and students. There are a number of threads that might be of interest. Have a look here. I hope this helps and we look forward to seeing you in September.

Best wishes,
Daniel

Admissions Office
Reply 17
I might be doing Modern languages (japanese) and translations at OB! mind if I add you guys?

Original post by mintrbl
added you both, ty!
Reply 18
Original post by mintrbl
hii! i’ve got an offer at oxford brookes university for japanese studies and i just wanted to make this thread to try and meet some other people who are attending the same course as me :0

hi! i got my place confirmed at obu for japanese, i’d love to get to know you!
Reply 19
Original post by xuni
I might be doing Modern languages (japanese) and translations at OB! mind if I add you guys?

hi:smile: you can add me! i’m doing japanese, my ig is jagoda.swi and my discord is jadesw

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending